My bad day!

I knew I would finish my SIL (Debbie) fun garden quilt today. Got out here early and quilted away. Did a freehand group of flowers and rolled the quilt towards the bottom to check for another area that need the cream thread.

A Huge OMG!!!!!!!!

I want to cry and more!!!!

I'm going to call her and tell her to bring her scraps for the quilt and remind her she wants to learn how to do needle turn applique. This will be the perfect spot to put three beautiful applique flowers and I'll embroider a beautiful label for the back! I hope that works! Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

post--13492895160252_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by hmerrill

Oh Dell I'm sorry and I know how you feel! It will be ok I'm sure of it but that doesn't help you with that sickening feeling does it? Here is a giant ((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))) instead.

Thank you so much!!!! I really need it!!!!;)

I feel better now!

Oh Dell,

My heart breaks for you on this one! The quilt is so lovely and I know how much you wanted it to be extra special for Debbie. Applique flowers sounds like a great fix for it and will fit the style of the quilt. If you were here I would make you a great big margarita to help ease your pain!! Instead, I will send you a cyber hug (((((hugs))))) and lots of good karma for a good fix!

Originally posted by Janette

oh my goodness, how did that happen? I am really feeling for you right now. Like you say, a perfect spot for some flowers....

I forgot and left the needle DOWN in the fabric when I advance the quilt! Not watching either!!!!!!

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Oh Dell,

My heart breaks for you on this one! The quilt is so lovely and I know how much you wanted it to be extra special for Debbie. Applique flowers sounds like a great fix for it and will fit the style of the quilt. If you were here I would make you a great big margarita to help ease your pain!! Instead, I will send you a cyber hug (((((hugs))))) and lots of good karma for a good fix!

Gee I could really use that margarita!!!!! You know the cyber hugs really helps even more. (I lie) LOLO

Thanks, Vickie!!!!

Dell, the flowers look great. At least the boo-boo is in a good place for them!! Your quilting is gorgeous, BTW!!

Are we having a margarita party today with Dell? Put me down for one!! We shouldn't let Dell drink alone!! :D:D I like mine plain flavor with salt on the rim. Got my diuretics today so I'm good to go! Literally. LOL

Originally posted by Bonnie H

Dell, the flowers look great. At least the boo-boo is in a good place for them!! Your quilting is gorgeous, BTW!!

Are we having a margarita party today with Dell? Put me down for one!! We shouldn't let Dell drink alone!! :D:D I like mine plain flavor with salt on the rim. Got my diuretics today so I'm good to go! Literally. LOL

Yeah, Bonnie, just gotta come to my house to get 'em!! Mine are hand-made (I also squeeze my own limes and lemons), on the rocks, salted rim! :P:P

Originally posted by Bonnie H

Oh Dell!!! I'm sorry this happened to you, but at least it was your SIL -- from past posts it sounds like you two are friends? I'm sure she will understand!! Or I'm praying she will!! Hugs to you!!! Some days were meant to be "stay in bed" days!

You know it was a very nice cool morning and bed felt so good. I just should of stayed!!!! LOL

BTW Let's have a party!!!!

Oh Dell! Margaritas are a bit too sweet for me, but I'll have a martini in your honor. That's one of the wonderful things about having an IQ. You're supposed to start your designs always with the needle UP! I now have an orange sticky note on the front of my machine, right below the stitch regulator, that says NEEDLE UP! It's really cut down on my rolling the quilt with the needle down in it I feel your pain -- such a gut-wrenching feeling, but I think your fix will be lovely.

Linda

Well, I called Debbie and asked her to bring over the scraps and she said "What's wrong?" I said just bring them we need to learn to do needle turn applique. Showed her the paper flowers and she never said a thing. Then I moved the first flower! She still loves me! It is going to be alright!!!!!

Archived