Favorite digital patterns???

barbm

I am going to be adding APQS' new "Quilt Path" to my Millie, just as soon as they start shipping. I've looked around at the various sites for digital patterns, and I'm frankly overwhelmed!!! But in a good way....

Soooo, what are your favorite digital patterns, appropriate for a computer-quilting-newbie? I'm talking all-overs AND custom pieces for blocks and borders. What designs need to be in my beginner portfolio?

Barb - my favorite pantos are from Lorien quilting. I've joined the "club" at Intelligent Quilting and get three new Lorien pantos every month for (I think) $22.50. Since pantos usually average $16 each, it's a substantial savings. For more custom designs, I love One Song Needle Arts - she has a very elegant style. However, for a really good selection of designs, many of which with an IQ I can buy just segments and hook them all together, I love Digitech Patterns. I've purchased the majority of my patterns from them and I love that they generally have all new patterns at a discount for a while.

BTW, do you know when APQS is finally going to provide us, the loyal customers, with info about Quilt Path?

Linda, thanks for the suggestions on patterns and regarding the debut of "Quilt Path," here is a quote from Dawn Cavanaugh, on another thread:

"We know you are anxious about the new system and crave more information about it. This time around we are taking more time before rolling out the system on a large scale, until it is closer to where we want it from both a hardware and software prospective. As our close-by users get a feel for the system and we work with them on installation and use, we are learning valuable information that will help us provide the right kind of documentation, installation help, and support to make the transition to computer ownership easy and successful.

That means getting it "field tested" on all of our models, by individuals who are representative of a typical new customer...some with limited computer skills and some with more experience. Their experiences are helping us to further refine both the hardware and software until it is as straight-forward and feature-rich as we can make it.

That's where we're at with the Quilt Path. Hang in there, great things are coming! "

Oh Ladies you are in for a great experience starting to work with computers. I have had IQ for about...maybe almost 2 years....

Darlene Epps designs are really great - love em. Angela Huffman is digitizing designs now as well.

My "go to" for a ton of panto's is Anne Bright - she has monthly clubs with prices you can't beat. The first of every month you get a variety of "wow" just looking at them. www.itsaquiltthing.com by Laurie Thomas is also one of my first to go to. She also has a great monthly club for $35. - you get $100 worth of designs. Sweet Dreams Studio by Kim Diamond - so many - lots are designers for other quilting machines but most convert to IQ and I'm sure APQS's new system will work as well. These are just a few - if you want more let me know. Oh by the way - time flies way to fast when you are "shopping" for designs ---oopps hubby says he is hungry - when is supper? I am sure I just got him lunch!!!! LOL:D:D:cool::cool:;)

Actually, Barb - even though it's a competitor of APQS's site - if you go to Intelliquilter.com and click on Patterns in the list at the left, it will take you to a listing of many of the pattern designers. So many talented people these days, including many on our own list - Darlene Epp, Jessica Schick, Angela Huffman, JoAnn Hoffman, etc. There aren't many designs I don't like!

Archived