Terrific Thursday 9/13/12--what's on the frame?

I'm working on another JN Cattails quilt, hoping to finish today so I can load a JN Glacier Star. Can you tell we had local Judy N classes?;) I'll post a photo later today when I finish.

We went to the State Fair yesterday and my customers won three blues, two honorable mentions, two Best Workmanship, one Judge's Award, and perhaps most gratifying, three daily People's Choice. I'm grinning big!

I have my quilt group sewing day today...........we start around 9 AM and go til 3 or whenever we get tired. :) Then I come home and we head off to Des Moines to stay overnight and catch a VERY EARLY MORNING flight tomorrow.........going on a cruise down the West Coast, starting in Vancouver, BC and ending in San Diego. Really looking forward to it.

Nothing on the frame today. Hoping to have my next quilt on by Sunday at the latest! Dealing with MIL again today :mad:. Today she calls to tell me she can't go to the gastrointestional dr tomorrow because she is having potty issues...that is the point! Then she throws a super fit and tells me she isn't ever going back to her. She can't get her meds for her Crohns if she doesn't go so she is going. It could be a really bad morning. I have a call into the dr. to give her some Immodium. We are going but it could be a really bad day for me! I would so much rather be quilting! Sorry I know all I do is complain!!!!! Ok I feel a little better.

I have my JN "Crown of Thorns" on the frame. It is coming along slowly. Thanks to Linda R and Linda S for their design help it is turning out beautiful.

I have a pillow to repair for my son's teacher and a chair pad to make for him. I won't have any trouble keeping busy today.

I have a couple quilting friends coming over tomorrow. We will quilt and eat until time for the kids to come home from school.

Linda, the cruise sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I were going with you. I could really use a get away.

We might go visit our daughter this week end. She lives in Spirit Lake , IA. The boys don't have football practice or a game this week end. Hooray!! It's not very often that happens.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!!

Today is the first meeting of my Quilt group from my church. The ladies should be here at 10:30 then I have another group coming at 7:00 tonight since some of them work during the day. Several of the ladies have never made a quilt before. I have my machine appliqué quilt on the frame which I am doing all the SID and pinning before I can start stitching around the appliqué. In between that I have a hair appt and a nail appt. My daughter called at 6 a.m. wanting to know if I could watch my 4 year old grandson today, so she could go to work. He has a 102 degree fever and a really bad cough. When I told her my schedule, she said she would call in for a substitute teacher for the day. Thank Goodness. I didn't know how I would manage with a sick little man today.

Sounds like everyone is busy! Sorry to heasr about your grandson Debbie!

I'll do applique on my Debbie's "BAD DAY" quilt to repair my mistake!!! Then this afternoon I have a quilt guild buddy coming to load her quilt and she will be doing the Circle Lord Swirls on it! Wish us luck. This will be her first time using my millie!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Congrats on the ribbons, Linda! Will the customers share them with you?

Judy Niemeyer quilts seem to be coming from every direction. I got the Bali Wedding Star off on Friday, thank goodness the customer loved it. Now I have loaded a JN Glacier Star. This is a photo taken before the last corners were put on (e.g., put this on point and add four more corners) so it is a big one. I've been SIDing for the past few days, and I think the fun of quilting designs will begin later today.

post--13492895161254_thumb.jpg

Have a charity quilt on the frame, which has been there for a week. Was hoping to get it finished by the weekend, but probably not gonna happen as I play Bunco tonight and we leave Saturday for vacation in Arizona. Has anyone been to the Grand Canyon Overlook that is run by an Indian tribe? It's the one that hangs out over the edge of the canyon. We are getting mixed reviews of whether or not it is worth the trip - and we hear it is very expensive.

Congratulations on the ribbons Linda. Your work is stellar and you deserve awards.

Heidi, so sorry for your pains. MIL can be trying if they have nothing to do with there time. I feel your pain.

Linda S. I love that quilt. Can't wait to see it quilted.

Sounds like everyone has a busy few days ahead. Today, I am preparing applique pieces for a new project. I worked on them most of the day yesterday, but still have a lot to go. 288 flower petals, 76 leaves, and 88 circles. Phew! Once that is done, the applique should go pretty quick. Can't wait to get started on that step. Tomorrow, I will be going to Toledo (about 1 1/2 hour drive) to spend the day shopping with my daughter. The youngest GD started all day kindergarten, so yahoo, a day of shopping with just DD. Love the kids, but a challenge to take shopping. It ends up costing me too much money :P. Grandma's a softie when it comes to those girls.

Peggy

Originally posted by Enchanted Quilting

Main project today is to pack for our trip to Seattle and a wedding on Orcas Island. In between, if I can sneak it in, I will load the Thimbleberries Runner called Twin Peaks. As I was waiting for some thread to arrive, I took time to piece it.

The weather is gorgeous here--we have sunshine and 80 degrees forecast for today and a pretty weekend coming up if that's when the wedding is. Enjoy your visit to the Northwest!

There is a kids quilt on the frame now. I'm using a new board on the QZ, in the main part of the quilt.

I'm going to use different treatments, though related in the two borders. One I'm making boxes in the outer border, and piano keys in the inner boarder. No worry for an idea what I'll put in the sashing as it is in the ete pattern area.

I still have several bindings to sew down using the Martelli tool. Sure makes for a beautiful binding.

Have to go pick up the produce box that we get every week. Really get some tasty and very freshly picked.

Can't beat that. having fun for once.

nothing on the frame today. no sewing either...actually, i didn't sew a lick this week.

i am preparing for a quick trip to las vegas (4 hour drive one way) tomorrow with my husband to deliver a truck we sold. hoping to spend a little time with a friend while there...then make a mad dash home and meet up with the boys before their bus gets back from virginia city from playing football (7 hour drive each way) . my girls stay here for soccer tourney, so in laws are going to cheer double for them!

Frogging 3 rows of panto. Then restitching. Cleaning house. Getting house cleaned. Have to pick up 2 cars from different shops. Have to bind 10 charity quilts. Get stuff ready for classes next week. Relatives coming into town for Saturday wedding. Leaving town Sunday for 2 weeks. The quilt I am frogging is for the wedding.

I'm putting the binding on the Rabbits Prefer Chocolate quilt. I'll post a photo of the entire quilt when the binding is on and it has been embellished. In the meantime, here is another of the blocks. I think I need to SID around outside seam of the area with the heart quilting, and maybe put a tiny fill in the background. I don't like how it looks poofy around the quilting. What do you think?

post--1349289516146_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by lisae

I'm putting the binding on the Rabbits Prefer Chocolate quilt. I'll post a photo of the entire quilt when the binding is on and it has been embellished. In the meantime, here is another of the blocks. I think I need to SID around outside seam of the area with the heart quilting, and maybe put a tiny fill in the background. I don't like how it looks poofy around the quilting. What do you think?

Me thinks it is really cute! I like the applique to really pop away. Oh I see what area you are talking about. Yes I'd definitely SID and do a little fill.

I have a baby quilt on one frame but the CQ is acting up...working with Patrick and Eddie this morning on that, just finished a queen size red and black quilt for a hockey fundraiser on another frame (CQ also) and will be loading a fall flannel quilt on there and the third machine (with IQ) has a quilt on that I am doing custom work on. My employee works three days a week and today is one of her days off. The fourth machine will be "showing off" as a prospective customer is coming to try out the APQS machines and will be quilting one of her own after lunch.

Heidi: I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow...hope all will go better than you are anticipating.

Lisa: that quilt is gorgeous!

Linda S: can't wait to see that one done.

Linda R: congratulations on all the ribbons.

I had a partial mastectomy on Tuesday so I just sat around in my recliner most of yesterday trying to get liquids down. I feel some better today. It all looked good and I'll know the results from path on Monday. I'm hoping to feel good enough on Saturday to work on another "Pofessional Tote" with my friend. We got about half way done before I left for Tahoe and now would like to finish them. I think I told you I broke a crown on a bridge and the saga of the emergency dentist and the reaction to the mouth medicine he gave me so it took almost the whole week in Tahoe to feel better. Still didn't know on Sunday if I would be able to have the breast surgery done. Anyway, the dental work will be done next week and I'm doing well this week and I still managed to enjoy my time with my daughter and her man in Tahoe. Life is good.

Love all the quilts. Really looking forward to seeing Lisa's Rabbits Prefer Chocolate quillt. It's so sweet. LOL.

I am including a picture of what I am loaded last night. As always, I am not sure if I am doing the right thing...lol...when do you get over that????

Linda R, congratulations!! Your work is amazing!

Linda S, as much as I would love to do a quilt like yours, I would be scared to death if one came to me!!!

Oma, glad you are doing so well!

Sylvia, that is darned cute!

Heidi, MIL's can be tough...lol...but you gotta love 'em...hehe

Everyone else, it is nice to see what you are doing, the successes as well as the problems...can identify with all of you!

Chiming in. Since I'm am not working outside the house anymore, I'm able to join a little prayer group. Lifted up the prayer requests that came through this morning. Nothing on the frame today, finished a baby quilt of my own yesterday, one I had put together probably 2 years ago. I really wanted to do another one of mine, a flashing minnows quilt but rethinking that. Customers quilt will likely win out. Tomarrow I plan to go to a local guild, Quilt INC. There are 3 really good guilds in this area that I know about but Quilt Inc meets in a.m., others meet at night. I'm testing the waters. I have been convicted in past about meetings in church santuary. It has come up a couple of times in my presence to "take God out of the box", so I'm going to try. Congrats to Linda Rech, That's alot of recognition, but having had the pleasure of seeing your work, I'm so not surprised. Della, really like what your doing on the star quilt.:):):)

Archived