More surgery for me

Oma

Oma, so sorry you had to go through all this again. So glad they caught it early. I am praying for you, for a speedy recovery and that you are able to tolerate the radiation and that you have no side effects from it. I am glad you have such a loving family to help you through this. I am praying for them too, this has to be hard on them. You are such a caring person, now it's time to let them take care of you for awhile. I hope you will be back to quilting soon. We love ya, great big hugs and my shoulder is here for you. Hang in there, there are many blessings out there and I am sure they will find their way to you.

Prayers for you and family, Oma, have a speedy recovery.

God must love you a lot to trust you to be strong enough

to go through this with strength and grace, and be given

the healing and peace of mind He has planned for you.

I'm sorry you have to go through all of this, but so happy

That it isn't the kind of cancer that spreads all over.

You will of course be in my prayers, today and as always,

just more for the day.

Big Hugs, and rubs on the back, sitting and chatting a bit,

as it is needed, taking your mind away from the troubles.

God is the footsteps in the sand.. He is carrying you!!

Blessings,

Rita

Oma, so sorry to hear that you have to go through another procedure but really glad that your news has been as good as it has been. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

I have a good quilting friend that hasn't been quite as fortunate. She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in early February and has been going through an excruciating year. :( First she had 4 months of chemo, then in early August they removed what was left of the tumor and some lymph nodes, and now she is going through 2 months of radiation. This whole procedure has totally wiped her out, but she's getting close to the end of the treatments now so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm so glad that you don't have to go through all of this! Hang in there. Sounds like you have a wonderful family to keep you going. :)

I've said a prayer for you while you recuperate from all of this. Too bad a margin was missed the first time :( My step mother had double radical mastectomy surgery last week, and I still haven't gotten any responses on how she is doing (it's a family thing I guess). Hugs for you while you get through this. Take good care of yourself.

Oma, everyone here sends their prayers and good thoughts for a full recovery. It's OK to be tired. You've been through a lot and sounds like a little more to come. Not meaning to minimize the situation, but we all hope you will be back 100% as soon as possible. "Joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer, "(Romans 12:12)

Boni

Hang in there and be kind to yourself and rest when you tire. It is a struggle and you have great family and friends to struggle with you. I had surgery May 2011 and it does take a while to get back to the new normal. It helped me to know about all the success stories out there, and it gets better!!!

Charmaine

This is going to sound bad but I don't mean it that way- Be thankful they found it now! I've just gone through a year of surgery, chemo, loosing my hair, and radiation. I feel good now but constantly worry about it coming back. I wasn't so lucky to find it early and had 17 of 20 lymph nodes involved and constantly have to be on the lookout for lymphademia. I know my fault for letting time get away from me. So pull up those big girl panties and smile. You've got so much to be thankful for :)

Oma, you are right, doctors are very silly (and that is a professional opinion having worked with them for 26 years and counting-- more than 10 of it in oncology).

Give yourself a little time to be "pitiful" it has its place in the process -- but not too long ;)

As you know there is nothing more powerful than surrounding yourself with those you love and enjoy to get you through the tough times...and the hard parts are rarely the "procedure" but all that surrounds it.

Support comes in all shapes and sizes (even the silly dog behavior)...soak it up.

(I do like the way you think....hmm I wonder if merely being wrapped in a quilt quilted by Linda aka ffq-lar we could "absorb" some of that talent......we should research this!!)

Archived