oh no ,my.....

Oh no my wood pellet stove is kicking on at a steady rate here in north east PA ,let it snow ,let it snow ,let it snow ,no more grass cutting means more time for quilting ,......no snow shovel for me if I dont want ,rebuilt our deck totally detached from our home to support all the weight of the snow ,only have to do the roof if needed ,and weather man says we will have all the white stuff we missed last year plus the fact we had a very dry summer unlike the terrential downpours we had last year every single day in the summer ,I am looking so forward to a normal winter of nothing but quilting !!! I love snow !!!

I am also ready for snow. I love quilting in a nice warm, cozy studio when it is cold and snowing. I am ready for the stews and soups of winter. I also do a lot of baking in the winter. The smell of fresh baked bread and cookies speaks winter to me.

I really love getting in the hot tub when it is snowing. I am all steamy and warm when I get out. Then I slip into some warm, snuggly sweats or pajamas. It is great for my fybromyalgia. I really feel like quilting after a good soak in the hot tub.

I live in the south end of the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and it rarely snows here. I love it when it does, because the whole town freezes up. No one knows how to drive in the snow here, so they mostly stay home. It's so quiet and peaceful. I'm from the Northeast, so I learned to drive in the snow, but I stay in so all they other people don't slide into me. Agreed - it is good quilting weather!

I agree with Queenie about no more cutting grass and such.

Me--snow---No worries DH, "the snow will melt off the driveway before you get home as the end of the week"--hee, hee... but I do have to bring in the wood for the stove.

I also agree with Dustee about what winter speaks. Right there with you. Also, love the hot tub but for my arthritic knee and aching feet, however, it just relaxes me so much I am ready to sleep afterwards.

Archived