Our Terrific Thursday!!!!

Quilted this cute Perfect Ten quilt for Tammy this week. Love this pattern by Swirly Girls! Putting a M&M quilt that is so cute to start sometime today! Stitched out a embroidery block this morning for a baby quilt my SIL Debbie is making.

Hope you are having a great day!

What are you doing today?

2975788370105608746S425x425Q85.jpg2532845650105608746S425x425Q85.jpg

Working on the fourth of five quilts for a store in San Francisco (not a quilting store.) The quilts made by others - quilted by me. All five are in the same color family and they'll be showing and selling them beginning in November to "get out the vote." All free-motion - no computer allowed as it's an "artisan" store where all things are made by hand.

post--13492895172644_thumb.jpg

I finished a quilt today that was a bear, had a quilting friend over that just got back from a trip to Nova Scotia and gave her the tree blocks we made each other in our monthly quilt group, and had a customer drop off a minkee to minkee quilt which she has sewn, but wants me to do the topstitching since she doesn't have a walking foot. It was a day that I was thankful for having my quilting friends.;)

Wow that is a terrific line-up for Thursday quilts! Dell's quilt has me wanting pretzel M&M's though! I got my quilt done tonight. I got it done right before midnight so I can call it a Thursday finish. Too tired to try getting pictures tonight though. I'll try to post soon. I'm in the last crunch before we leave for my daughter's wedding! Lots to get done still as you can well imagine.

Originally posted by dlnewell

Sorry no quilt pics for me. I was scribing for the judge at our quilt show all day yesterday. Un be knownst (I guess that's really a word) to the judge of course that I was one of several long arm quilters, I had a great time, and enjoyed hearing her comments on the quilting.

I bet you had the best time and enjoyed every minute of it. I was chairman of the judging at our last show and learned so much those two days!!!

Originally posted by LauraJ

Working on the fourth of five quilts for a store in San Francisco (not a quilting store.) The quilts made by others - quilted by me. All five are in the same color family and they'll be showing and selling them beginning in November to "get out the vote." All free-motion - no computer allowed as it's an "artisan" store where all things are made by hand.

Laura, your perfection is inspiring! Would you mind sharing what rulers you use for straight lines, and do you mark with chalk? How did you line up your lines so perfectly and stop in the correct spots to turn the next direction?

Also, on the quarter-inch echoed circles -- what templates or tools or what?

Love the panto Janette...it's perfect for the quilt and looks perfectly done. Heidi, that quilting is beautiful. The texture it put on that quilt makes the quilt. I wouldn't have realized it was a TMB if you hadn't said so. Please more pics.

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Oh, the quilting masters always make my day! All these quilts are something else! Heidi, was that a stencil? Linda, can't wait for you to share your secret!

It makes me want to piece a quilt and send it out to one of you guys to quilt for me! Of course, I'd want a rush job at a reduced price! Just kidding, teehee!

No stencil but thank you for making my day!

Archived