Black & Tan for me!

Since I started quilting over 30 years ago, I have given away all of the quilts I've made. This one is just for me! My customer made a quilt using this pattern and I admired her tans and blacks, so I decided to make my own. This is all out of my stash except for the backing.

I was going to quilt it with traditional Baptist Fan using my Hartley Fence. Put it on, took it off, laid it aside. Then I got the Circle Lord Sakura boards. Perfect! I think this was meant to be as it goes so well with my focus prints of Michael Miller "ZaZu Zinnia" fabrics. Now, just gotta get the binding on and it's done!

post--13492895209528_thumb.jpg

Beautiful job ! Oh no ,30 years ,I have a feeling I am on the same path ,I give them all away as gifts ,I have even made two of the same exact quilts just to have them lay around longer for me to admire before the newness wears off ,I dont think I can ever part with my city park quilt ,its the only kit and pattern I have ever followed ,I love the colors ,it reminds me of the beach where I am originally from ,I made my son a larger version of it also because he still lives on the coast ,I love it so much I would make another if I could find another kit at a reasonable price .

Archived