Please remember me!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it has been several days now and I just don't feel that spiffy! There will be no church for me in the morning. I hope on Monday I will be able to drive over to the Convention Center to turn in my quilt for the show. Even it still lacks a label. I am just falling apart and I feel it when each piece hits the floor.

I commisserate with you, but we really are doing well and going to get better day by day. You're not running a fever are you? No redness or hot spots around the incision? No vomiting or diarrhea? If you answered no to those questions then you are just tired and sore and you have to give yourself time. Sometimes people see the "little" incisions from the surgery and think they can do anything, but you have to remember the surgery was the same "old" way of taking the whole thing out just using smaller holes.

I went out to lunch with hubby a while ago and I'm drained now. I intend to go sit in my chair and watch a movie with him and maybe get a nap in. Be aware of your body shaking off the effects of the anesthesia and medications. Rest! Rest! Rest! Oh...is someone driving you over to the convention center? Are you suppose to be driving yet? See if someone will drive you then come home and rest some more. Also...drink water (or other liquids) to help flush your system.

We (at least me) are older and can't bounce back quite as fast as we used to. We can hold each others hands across the miles until we are up and at it again. Saying a prayer.

Oma, I think you and I are around the same age! Yes, I have had some fever! The Dr. thinks I had a slight bladder infection that got a bit pipped off after surgery! That has done it for now. Carol, those are awful odds. 1 hour to 1 month! Geez, I have a ways to go yet! Well, I know it is only 5:30 but it is almost my bedtime.

Oh dear! If you have a fever, have they put you on antibiotics? Infections seem so rampant in hospitals these days, I'd hope they'd take care of that right away. I find that each time I've had a surgical procedure, I get really knocked for a loop by the anesthesia. It seems to get worse each time, although I'll be the first to admit I love that feeling of falling through the table as I fall to sleep in the OR. I last procedure I had done, I remained awake and had them give me a local -- I couldn't feel my shoulder as they worked on it and I was groggy, but still knew they were working on me. Even that effect lasted for days. It takes a long time to get those drugs out of your system. Drink lots and lots of water, and walk when you can.

Archived