Wonderfil thread

I was at a guild meet last night and saw some quilts that had stitching done with Wonderfil thread. Has anyone used this brand and if so who might sell it wholesale? Have you had any problems? I am alway looking for a good accent thread to add just a little more interest to my quilting.

Shirley:)

I met the Invisifil people in Houston back in 2004 or 2005. Nice threads, but at the time, they expected you to buy about 5 cones of the same color thread to qualify for wholesale. I tried to explain to them that I wouldn't use that much thread in one color to make it worth my while, but they couldn't see past their vision for their business. I understand they've now changed their policy, but I have my favorite threads now so don't need to change. I recall them being nice threads.

My biggest problem so far with my longarm business is trying to fine companys that want to work small. I am unable to fullfill large dollar amount requirements to get wholesale prices with some companys. I like having batting and thread so my customer doen't have to search for it. and if I pick it out I have product I like to work with.

Shirley

I have used invisifil as backround thread on dense fills. It takes the place of silk at a much lower price. Soft Expressions has good prices on it. They (Wonderfil) are a Canadian company, but now have on-line ordering for the states, although the prices are not wholesale. It is great for outlining applique and runs well with no problems. I haven't used any of their other thread.

I bought some @ Long Beach international Quilt Show this year, very good for hand appliqué. Haven't used in Longarming yet, I was told it is like silk & good thread for background filler & ditch work.

They sell wholesale, you have to login their website and send your resale number, I was told.

I am happy with my Filtec/Glide thread but I need something other than So Fine & Bottom line for texture.

Corey

Archived