loops on top - thank god for this forum

I've been putting off this quilt because it's wonky and Lenni decided to make me pay for my procrastination. I started to do the basting stitches and got loops on top and a little birds nest of top thread on the back of the quilt. I just CLEANED and oiled my machine. So I cleaned it again and rethreaded everything. Loops again. I tried a few more things and after an hour, I came to the forum (thank god for this forum) By now I really don't want to quilt today. Here I was reminded that burrs in different places could cause this. I checked my pig tails and yep there was a little grove in that little bugger. So a quick change and I was off stitching with my beautiful stitches again. Oh whew.

Whenever something goes wrong that is when we start to question our ability. Like, you think that I should be able to figure this out. Sometimes little things like loopy stitches just throw us. I haven't change a pigtail for a long time so when I was reading this I was thinking: Okay, so where are my extra pigtails! Off to go on a search cuz I know I will need them soon!

Cher

Archived