The Basics plus Tips

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Just another plug for my class which is coming up really soon at the Machine Quilters Exposition (MQX) West, in Portland, OR. The class is Friday morning, October 19, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Oregon Convention Center. While the class is mainly geared towards beginning quilters, we'll be going over tips and tricks to help you quilt more easily. I will bring a small quilt with different blocks and will show loading, squaring, thread changes, panto techniques, stencils, templates, thread tension, ways to simplify SID and frogging, etc. The class handout has lots of pictures to help you remember when you get back home, and you will have a list of resources for finding my favorite tools and supplies. There is also a rumor that we will have door prizes and some thread samples! Enrollment in this class is currently very small, so you will be able to see everything very up-close and personally. I do believe it will be valuable to those who have had their machines for a few years.

Hi Linda,

Will you be offering this class at MQX East? I really want to take your class and went so far as to search airfares to Oregon! As luck would have it, my younger sister is getting married and her MIL to be is holding a shower for her during the weekend of MQX West. :(

All the best for your class!

Guest Linda S

Hi Colleen - I don't think I'll be offering this class next spring, only because I've already taught it on the east coast for two years running and because the low enrollment on the west coast this year would indicate to the show owners that it's not that great of a class -- except that it did get great reviews both times I taught it on the east coast! LOL Perhaps it's an east/west thing, although I'm in the same time slot at Linda Taylor and Cathy Franks at MQX West, so I think that might explain where all my newbies went! ;)

Archived