new forum

OH man!!! Now I have to learn this all over again!!! I THINK I am posting this!!! I see that my pic is not with my name. Do I have to do something to get it back up there? I know... I'll get used to it, but I guess I'm just tired and I think why change it so much if it's not broken?? ha! See if this works! :)

I'm with you, Linda! I told my DH the same thing - I know I'll get used to it, but why did it have to change so much??? Whine, whine, whine - it's a wonder that Dawn and the team don't kick US to the curb, along with the spammers.... There really are a lot of nice new features and if it keeps the spammers at bay, it's all good. But where are our "favorites"?

I think I really do like this but new things now are hard for me to learn now days. :D

I has taken me over an hour to figure how to find the new emotions which I just love. :wub:

I hope my learning curve B) moves fast on this one!!!!

Happy quilting, posting and learning everyone!

Guest Linda S

Actually, if you're a member of Machine Quilters Resource, the format should be very familiar. I'm finding my way around pretty well and, if it will keep the spammers out, it will be worth it a million times over! I'm so glad we made the switch.

Sort of like the new format, but I'm missing that I can't just click on Today's posts. I'm lazy and don't like clicking on every topic to find what is new. I like the new fonts and colors, :DMaybe I can even figure out how to post a photo now.

Carol Hartman

Carol,

Look way, way, way up at the top and you'll see a tab called "New since last visit". Click on it and you'll see the posts that are new to you since the last time you logged in. Cool, eh?

Also if you click on the dot at the left of each topic it will take you to point in the thread that you haven't read. It sure beats scrolling through everything to find which comments are new! When that dot is replaced by a star it indicates that this a thread that you have posted a comment to previously.

;) Hi everyone,

We hope you like what you're discovering with the new forum! It will be a learning experience for all of us as we get used to new features. You should also see a "view new content" tab near the upper right corner of the forum which replaces the "today's posts" tab from the previous forum (not quite the same as the "new since last visit" tab but close).

Let us know if you have questions and we'll do our best to help!

Linda S

This is my first time logging on since the change over so I really don't know what works and what doesn't , but I can't follow MQR at all. I don't even go there very much because I can't see pics with thread comments. I haven't even tried very hard to figure it out because it is so different, even from this.

I like everybody's new avatar :D Linda R, and Kristina.

Hi Butterfly,

Everyone's old "U2U" messages and reported post histories were also merged over to the new format. You'll first need to "clear" all of those messages to be able to see new messages.

To do that, go to the top of the page where it shows your name as logged in. Click on the down arrow next to your name to open up the options box. Click on the "personal messenger" link.

To view photos in a larger format, just click on the photo in the thread and it should open up larger for you.

That will open a page where you can manage folders that include your "conversations" with other people. Look on the left side of the page and you'll see "My Conversations" under the folder groups. Click on that link, and you'll see options below to edit or delete items in that folder. You can click on the little "trash can" icon next to the folder and it will clear out all those old conversations, making room for new ones.

Archived