Need ideas for this cool bargello

Hey Girls...another one for that show in November (I am still working on the Labrynth and will post when done) I know I want to do spiraling feathers in the bargello circle (unless someone has a better idea) I am going to do a rolling feathery tendril thingy in the outer red border as it is quite narrow. Only 4".

I need some spectacular idea for the white without getting it too dense. Any help would be appreciated. :Dpost-3249-0-43642500-1349435893_thumb.jpg

I was going to suggest rays going straight out to the edge of the white--all rays using the center of the bargello to set the angle.

Then I looked again. :P

How about rays that start at the intersection of two of the outside rectangles. (Best to mark first before loading) When marking, place a long ruler on the top right corner and bottom left corner of an outside rectangle and mark to the right until you hit the red border. Each ray will be offset and will continue the spinning of the circle. Use thread to match the white background. I imagine the circle is appliqued on a background so hopefully it is flat and quilt-able without puckers. That can be a problem with rays that extend a long way.

Hey Anette, I will have to ask my customer. I'm sure she'll tell me. Any ideas for the white areas??

I like Linda's idea about the rays. You'd have to mark before mounting and adjust to make certain the rays are equally spaced. If they came off of the top of each rectangle, they should fill the entire space without too much background filler. It would give the center the effect of spinning (I believe). Can't wait to see the finished product.

Could I be a total PITA and ask for Linda or anyone a visual on the rays idea? I like the ound of it but I just can't wrap my dough head brain around it at the moment. Would they be curved?? Where would the fillers go? I probably sound like a total newbie at the moment but there is an awful lot of not so good stuff happening personally that I just can't focus or concentrate. Sorry to be a pain.

Could I be a total PITA and ask for Linda or anyone a visual on the rays idea? I like the ound of it but I just can't wrap my dough head brain around it at the moment. Would they be curved?? Where would the fillers go? I probably sound like a total newbie at the moment but there is an awful lot of not so good stuff happening personally that I just can't focus or concentrate. Sorry to be a pain.

I don't know how anyone else would do this, BUT I would lay the pressed top on a flat surface. THEN, using the longest straightedge I could find, I'd align the edge with the top of a rectangle at the outer edge of the circle. Using a marking tool, I'd draw a straight line across the edge of the straightedge device, moving the device and marking until the straight line extends to the border seam. Now, as for doing the quilting, I hope you have a steady hand because those lines are going to go in all directions. But, I do think it will look great. Why don't you try it with a picture of the quilt first and see if you like it. Let me know how this turns out. And, others (more experienced than I) will have better ideas (I'm certain).

Archived