I just don't know how to....

Sylyia we have all been there. Like most I am shy with new people. Decided years ago to just take the chance and if I meet someone I like I ask them to go to lunch. These days I invite hopeful new friends over for continental breakfast and a showing off of my machines. I loves sharing quilting info. Just a few weeks ago I invited one of my few neighbors over after 20 years of only smiling and waving when passing. We had breakfast and talked sewing & quilting and found out she really doesn't quilt or sew. But so nice to get acquainted she is a very nice lady. Don't see us as best buds but definitely good friends.

I found my best friends while taking sewing & embroidery classes, this helps insure we have something in common.

Let's be friends OK?

Happy quilting

Kathalynn

hi sylvia -

i think, if you go to the member list, scroll down to the friend you want, you only have to click the far left of the 3 icons next to thier name.

of course, i am just guessing.

and i tried it.

so if you got a friend email from me, this is the right way.

hope you're feeling better.

In a way, this is a hoot! We have to clear out all messages from our boxes, or we can't get any. Click the arrow by your name at the top of the page, drop down menu, go to personal messenger, on the left it says MY CONVERSATIONS, click on the button to the right, you may have to click add or edit, I can't remember if I did that. It clears all the messages at once. I won't be able to send you any U2Us until you do this.

Like Lisa says, just click on someones picture and you get their profile. There's a line that says add me as a friend.

Sylyia we have all been there. Like most I am shy with new people. Decided years ago to just take the chance and if I meet someone I like I ask them to go to lunch. These days I invite hopeful new friends over for continental breakfast and a showing off of my machines. I loves sharing quilting info. Just a few weeks ago I invited one of my few neighbors over after 20 years of only smiling and waving when passing. We had breakfast and talked sewing & quilting and found out she really doesn't quilt or sew. But so nice to get acquainted she is a very nice lady. Don't see us as best buds but definitely good friends.

I found my best friends while taking sewing & embroidery classes, this helps insure we have something in common.

Let's be friends OK?

Happy quilting

Kathalynn

I just got here and this is the first I read and as I read further I could not help but laugh ,my good chuckle for the day ,thanks

Okay, I now understand the reason for asking someone to be my friend (thanks Kristina) and how to do it (thanks Lisa), but what the heck does it mean when it says "9 neutral"?? This new forum is taking some time, but I bet in a month or so none of us will even remember the old one!

Archived