Hi all--it has been a crazy few weeks here at the farm. Besides having harvest 1 month early due to the drought. I made it to the final round in the McCall's Quilt Design Star 2012 contest!!! What a rush that was!!

Opposites attract was the theme we were given and could do anything we wanted with it. The final piece needed to be designed, pieced, quilted and bound in 5 weeks. I made it--but not without a few 2:30AM mornings--and add the craziness of harvest and customer quilts in there--I so deserved the little 3 day get-away to Des Moines last week.

Anyway--just thought I might ask for a few votes in the next 2 weeks--voting can take place once a day on any computer or mobile device. The final day for voting is Oct. 21 with results on the 23rd.

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=51634&s=24621288&i=4

Above is a direct link....

http://meanderingsalonglizardcreek.blogspot.com/

Above is link to my blog--that has more details on the final design--and a voting link....

post-2329-0-05038800-1349707797_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the time to view and vote--I so appreciate--this has been an amazing growing and learning experience this summer--I encourage anyone to try it the next time the contest comes around!!!

Thanks so much for all the great responses to my take on the theme. It made sense to me but it feels good to know that others understand it also!!!

My husband's birthday is Oct. 21--the last day of once daily voting--let's see if we can give him a great birthday gift!!!

Thanks so much--I really appreciate it!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks to all who continue to vote!!! I have been posting a quote a day on my facebook page to remind my friends to vote--here is the one I found this morning for today--I found it so neat that it explains my concept almost word for word as I did--and I had never read this until this morning.

The old saying "opposites attract" is based on the phenonmenon that many individuals are drawn to people who complement them--who are good at things they are not, who complete them in some way. --Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott

Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!

Archived