My Sewing Room

carolinequilts

So I know that there have been many inspiring posts about sewing spaces / studios. I really liked Oma's inspirational and organized room!

Tonight I was feeling a little depressed. It's a long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) and my boys (ages 19 & 21) came home from college. The came, they ate, they left. I don't know why this would make me feel down - I can't say I miss them when they are gone, but their visit was just such a 'blip' and they spent most of their time with their friends.

So, not to wallow - I went into my sewing room. Somehow it always lifts my spirits. I'd like to share some pictures. This is my sewing room - not my studio for my Millie which is in the basement... I'd also like to share that I'm posting this because I thought Iit would help me figure out how to share pictures...

First, to give a bit of background, my longarm business has branched out to a bit of sales of fabrics and notions. So, the reason for all the fabric???

To start things on this tour, you see my doorway. My housecleaner, who has come once a week for 15 years has warned me that she will leave me if I bring any more fabric in. She can't get the vacuum in. Do you blame her for her warnings?

post-3925-0-30936100-1349734010_thumb.jpg

Now, the entrance view of my room. I should mention that this room is 9' x 11'!

post-3925-0-22271800-1349734042_thumb.jpg

Here is my storage for fabric:

post-3925-0-32815200-1349734589_thumb.jpg

Behind curtain no. 1 (and yes - it is like this behind all the curtains - fabrics organized by colour)"

post-3925-0-96498100-1349734235_thumb.jpg

Okay, now I find I am out of space to load more pictures, so I will post a reply with the others....

So, I guess it won't let me post a reply for more pictures, but here is a link to my Flickr site.

You will see my sewing space (I still have room to sew!), and my cutting table. I also have a picture of my closet - yes, more bolts of fabric! Finally, I love my Olfa pegboard. I sell a few notions and can display them here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinequilts/sets/72157631724585088/

Caroline, I am envious of all your fabric. I love your space, it is very organized. I would love to see your longarm studio. Maybe you can post some pictures of that.

I plan on posting some pictures of my studio, but I have to clean it first. Right now all I have is a path through it. I had a shelf fall in my cedar room where I had quilt tops hanging waiting to be quilted. My husband insist I clear off the shelves before he could get in there to fix it. Now everything I had stored on the back wall is piled in my studio. I have to find some place else to store my quilt tops. I know the shelves will not support them.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice fabric room Caroline, you are so organized. One of these days I will take pics of my fabric/ finished quilts room. It's overloaded. One day, one of my quilting student came to help organize this room, she said before she left, "You cannot buy anymore fabrics, no more room". I laughed and said I'll try.

Archived