poof to tell or not?

Yes, I would show the customer the picture. I am not sure how she got that big of a distortion in the quilt, but you can plainly see the blocks line up straight along the rollers. Have you started quilting this yet? You may be able to take some of the sag out with starch and steam before you start. I have even successfully taken out some pouf with starch and steam when the quilt was on the frame. Watch out for your extended base, though. Dense background fill will take up a lot of it and hide any pleats that may be necessary. This one is going to be a battle!

Before you get to that baggy area, pin baste the seams in the quilting field that's on top so all the seams are straight--horizontal and vertical. Then advance the top to expose the baggy part. Again making all seams straight, pin baste it across so you can isolate the extra fabric. Then take a "before" picture and send it to her. What you are showing is very dramatic but might not be as bad as it looks. If she says go ahead and quilt it at least you have some proof. Plus, curvy quilting will distribute the puffiness and you may be really surprised at the results when you finish.

Wishing you good luck and a magic wand. When you finish this one, nothing will ever scare you again! :blink:

yes I got it finished and the pleats are not so bad, I did pin a bit and that helped distribute the poof., I will steam and press the pleats a bit and maybe redistribute them I think too when its finished and washed it will be less too, it only pleated on the left side.

Thanks everyone

Archived