Rattle in brand-new Millie!!

I just finished helping a customer set up her new "used" Millie - it was working smoothly when I left her place to drive home - this morning! Now she tells me (over the phone) that it rattles in use, but only in regulated mode, NOT in manual mode. Any suggestions beyond checking the screws that hold the hoods? :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My customer was away from home for a time and since her return, she has decided that the noise either is gone or wasn't as bad as she thought it was. One contributing factor may have been the small, low-ceilinged room that the Millie was set up in - magnifies any sound, until you get used to it. I'm sure that Dawn Cavanaugh can speak much more knowledgably than I can about the "harmonic vibration" we sometimes get with our machines - that may be what's happening with you, lisata. You might want to send Dawn an email describing your issue and see what she has to say.

I am also interested in the fix. My new Lucey also has a noise from the back. Everytime I hear the noise, it makes that sound like "you know when a thread breaks." Thankfully, my threads are not breaking! I only have this problem in stitch regulated mode. Stitch is fine, looks good, just noise. What do I do???

CiCi

When I got my machine back from APQS after a tune up, I ran the machine and it sounded beautiful Then I started noticing a rattling sound and I started checking the screws and noticed plenty of loose screws. I tightened everything down, my machine was even noisier, especially at particular speeds and in SR mode also.

I finally fixed the rattles with some nylon washers in between back cover and machine so that I could tighten the screws. My noise was definitely the back cover (hood?) in the back of the machine.

Archived