barbm

Rattle in brand-new Millie!!

I just finished helping a customer set up her new "used" Millie - it was working smoothly when I left her place to drive home - this morning! Now she tells me (over the phone) that it rattles in use, but only in regulated mode, NOT in manual mode. Any suggestions beyond checking the screws that hold the hoods? :(

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1085 12th Ave. NW, Suite D2

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Still rattling - she thinks it's coming from the back. Hook was cleaned and oiled (by me) just last night. All screws secure. Help!

Barbara Mayfield
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Sylvia, sent you a msg back ;)

Barbara Mayfield
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

APQS Northwest

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

barb - does it have a donita reeves extended base. sometimes my extended base rattles if i don't have dh tighten the screws after i clean.

Meg

"Do small things with great love." Mother Teresa

"Life's too short to fuss with thread." Meg Fazio

http://theonewiththreadsonherclothes.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megfazio

My customer was away from home for a time and since her return, she has decided that the noise either is gone or wasn't as bad as she thought it was. One contributing factor may have been the small, low-ceilinged room that the Millie was set up in - magnifies any sound, until you get used to it. I'm sure that Dawn Cavanaugh can speak much more knowledgably than I can about the "harmonic vibration" we sometimes get with our machines - that may be what's happening with you, lisata. You might want to send Dawn an email describing your issue and see what she has to say.

Barbara Mayfield
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

APQS Northwest

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

I am also interested in the fix. My new Lucey also has a noise from the back. Everytime I hear the noise, it makes that sound like "you know when a thread breaks." Thankfully, my threads are not breaking! I only have this problem in stitch regulated mode. Stitch is fine, looks good, just noise. What do I do???

CiCi

Call or email Dawn

Barbara Mayfield
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

APQS Northwest

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

I took a small rubbery piece of shelf paper and pushed it under the edge of the back hood and mine stopped for good. Metal was just touching when it moved. -_-

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

When I got my machine back from APQS after a tune up, I ran the machine and it sounded beautiful Then I started noticing a rattling sound and I started checking the screws and noticed plenty of loose screws. I tightened everything down, my machine was even noisier, especially at particular speeds and in SR mode also.

I finally fixed the rattles with some nylon washers in between back cover and machine so that I could tighten the screws. My noise was definitely the back cover (hood?) in the back of the machine.

Cathy Hamilton - M&M'ed 2008 Millennium - Part-time Quilter, Full-time Lover of Quilts

My machine head rattles in the back too and I just put a piece of batting between the hood and the back of the machine and no more rattle.

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com