Oh my I'm speechless. How beautiful Heidi. How long have you been quilting and how do you ever come up with the ideas?

Thank you Ann. I have been machine quilting for about 5 years now. Applique quilts just talk to me. Normally when I work on them I choose one or two designs to repeat randomly throughout the quilt and then use other fills. In this case I did all the flowers the same way by just outlining them and then doing curved cross hatch around them to really make them pop. Since she had them throughout the quilt I assumed they were a focus for her. There were 3 blocks that were the same, hearts inside hearts, which I guessed represented her 3 children (she confirmed this after) so those 3 blocks I quilted the same. I almost always match the thread to the background that is most prevelent and will show the least on all fabrics. I don't normally change thread colors. Before I load the quilt I have a general idea of what I'm going to do but I don't necessarily have the whole thing planned out. I hope that helps.

Beautiful, Heidi! I, too, love the flower pot block's background fill. And when looking at the backing picture my eyes caught on the corner where the two whimsy hearts were stitched, and I thought what cute simplicity within all the beauty of your quilting and their designs. Very inspiring!

A865FFE96B99D13D2E3C09AF2B8376EA.png
2009 Freedom, and a 1989 Ulti I w/Intellistitch

How did I miss this post! Gorgeous as always! I really, really want to make an appliqué quilt for myself just so I can quilt it...it would be a lot of fun planning out all of the designs to stitch in each area. One of these days! Thanks for the inspiration! Into my TIF (topics I'm following)...is that the old "favorites"? I have no idea...LOL

85933DD4C23858F307C765653E2B753E.png2010 Lenni ~ Life is a journey...enjoy the ride!

Thank you so much Heidi I went and ordered before I loose the info again. I just showed it to my daughter and she asked if it will look just like yours. I just laughed and said right! I told her mine might have an extra wing or two but it will get done. LOL

DC12129C0D6E29AFDA0FA104B0862144.png

Beautiful work Heidi!! I always love to see the back of the quilts too. Your quilting it amazing :)

Tracey Russell, Whirls n Swirls Quilting-APQS Ontario Oshawa, Ontario.

Dealer Support and Educator APQS Canada

905-435-8720

https://www.facebook.com/whirlsnswirls/

http://www.whirlsnswirlsquilting.ca

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5KPwWA2TaeO9xulOa5PKg

Stunning quilt Heidi, you've done a beautiful job. It's very time consuming to do this sort of work, but very satisfying! Thanks for posting the photo.

Shelley

Heritage Country Quilting

Western Australia

2009 APQS Millenium, hand guided.

'Waltzing Matilda" or Milly Tilly!