Standing in line at the Fil-Tec booth!

I'm pictured on Fil-Tec's Facebook page! You can see me standing in line to buy thread at their booth at MQX. Red jacket and 25-year-old hairstyle---that's my back!

I purchased their new invisible thread. Apparently they asked Karen McTavish what she wanted in a clear thread and she said super-thin and non-reflective. I bought a 15,300 yard cone that is smaller in size than So Fine. It's called Essence Nylon Monofil. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Linda - you could quilt the world up pretty with that much thread!!! :P You will have to bring your book to the next Moxie meeting. And do we know when that will be? Was that discussed at Lynda's last summer???

Hi Pat! Bekah is hosting on November 10th if the weather cooperates. Yes, I'll bring some books. :P

We heard the same thing--great timing! And we're glad to hear that there will be MQX West next year. We took classes Wednesday and Thursday and sometimes the class size was really small. Hopefully today and Saturday classes are fuller. The venue is huge, with MQX taking up a big show/vendor room and then the various classrooms. The only times we saw crowds was on the vendor floor. Classes were staggered a bit but usually you had two hours between the end of one class and the start of the next. I think a lot of people left for meals or maybe back to the nearby hotels so there wasn't a concentration of people ever. I hope attendance was good enough to keep it going.

(Barb--Shar has your book. :))

Linda...i am interested to hear what you think of the invisible thread. Haven't heard of this one.

And dell...you have already used that much clear thread! You are a maniac!

Kristina, I took a class with Karen McTavish and she told us about the Essence nylon and how much she liked it. I bought a spool to "try", then sent it to Dell as she had a quilt needing invisible thread. I bought more from Fil-Tec and gave those away, too. I finally got a chance to use it and it is fabulous! Also comes in Smoke for dark colored quilts, blends well and isn't so shiny! PS...I sent Dell 2 more spools yesterday! :)

Oh, how in the world did I miss the invisible thread stuff? Darn, I was talking to the gentleman at the Fil-Tec booth about how my Millie does Not like the bobbins and he said to put the spring back in so will try that. I hate to be the odd ball.

I like that we get to have our very own famous person we can all say, "I knew her when" :D

Guest Linda S

Fil-Tec makes my favorite thread! Glide, and magna glide bobbins. I too bought a cone of the invisible thread. I've been using Madeira Monolon, but I think the Fil-Tec thread has a nicer price point. I also stocked up on bobbins while at MQX. Best tension in the whole world.

Wish they would come to the AQS Show in Des Moines. I ordered a couple small cones in clear and smoke of the invisible thread today. I have the Monolon, but thought I would try the Fil-Tec too. Too bad Fil-Tec has a $35.00 minimum on orders because you can't just order a cone or two when needed. Their Glide Thread is so inexpensive, I don't always need $35.00 worth. :)

Guest Linda S

Linda - you just need to plan a little ahead in inventory on what colors you use most often. I never have trouble making a $35 minimum. Just spent about $150 at MQX, and I was just filling in some spots in my line-up. Planning ahead can save you the shipping cost on great thread!

Archived