sewing table

I have a Horn cabinet for my Bernina or my Babylock. I bought 2 inserts - one for each type of machine, so I could swith them. My cabinet closes completely when not in use. I bought it on sale several years ago and paid about $800 or $850 for it. It seems like a lot, but I have been completely happy with it.

I also like the Koala brand cabinets, as they seem be very much like the Horn cabnets, but with more choices.

I also remember seeing (I think it was in Keepsake Quilting's catalog) directions for purchase to build your own cabinet. If your DH is handy, perhaps that would be a good way to go. (Note: I had to purchase a ready made one) :mad:

I'm sure you will get lots of answers from the folks on this forum. Everyone seems so very helpful. Good luck.

I cheated like Norece, I used a 5 foot folding table to make mine out of...I didn't use the plastic insert because both of my Janome's are the same shape so I traced them and made the cut to fit them...when I change sewing machines I then will rig up something with plastic.

Thanks Sandra and Mama. I read what I wrote ... sorry DH only brought the table home ... he can't drive a nail straight. A friend of ours (terrific handyman) cut the hole .... the webshot photo pretty much show exactly what he did ...

I can't believe the difference in my sewing with the machine level with the table.

Pat, he 'found' it at work sitting alone and sad in a corner. It is thrilled to be of use and happy again. LOL :D

The neat part about the table is that each side can be raised/lowered independent of the other. When my GC want to sew I sit them across from each other .... one on the Janome 6500, the other on a Janome 760. Works great and I'm able to help both girls at the same time. GS sits on my lap when he sews. His 1st project .... Santa Cookie Pocket

Just keep his little fingies out from under that needle!! What a cutie-pie! Mine is so big now.... but he's still cute. He'd want to know about the needle too. Mechanical things, boys. Aaahhh........ (That's a sigh like the one the Irish mother in Music Man gives the music man when he compliments her... remember?)

Good luck with your sewing table, Mama! I think you deserve an award just for being you already!

Archived