hook assembly question

Carathren

I hit a ruler and bent my needle. I was able to get the needle out and followed Amy's video to re-time my Liberty. NOW....my top thread catches inside the hook assembly. I can't even get to the point where I put in my bobbin case. I've gone back over the video step by step and have check/cleaned everything. I must be getting tired. I just don't see where the problem is. Can you help?

If you're saying that with the needle at it's highest point it is so far down that you can't get the bobbin case in the hook assembly, then you either don't have the needle all the way up in the needle bar, or you adjusted the needle bar down too far when you retimed the machine. Did you move the needle bar when you retimed the machine? Jim

No, I CAN get the bobbin case in no problem. But before that, I originally threaded the needle, put the bobbin case in and used my up/down button. When it came back up,it had not engaged the bobbin thread and the top thread was stuck within the hook assembly. I am currently double checking proper position of the hook assembly like the manual says and will get back to you shortly if this problem isn't corrected. I feel so silly. I've been quilting for years and have never had a problem. Guess that's how it goes.....

FIXED. aaahhhh I didn't quite understand how to have the hook assembly in correct position but I must have figured it out!!! I re-did the steps and then put my bobbin case in.....no thread sticking and pulled up my bobbin thread normally.

I'm a happy camper once again. I love this forum. The resource it offers with support and sharing is the best. Thank you!!

So happy to read you got your problem fixed. It makes you feel so confident!

Just for future reference for others, if the bobbin thread is somehow catching, check that the hook-retaining finger that keeps the bobbin assembly in place is correctly positioned. The last step in timing is positioning the finger so it's just barely in the slot and stops the assembly from rotating. If it sticks too far into the slot the bobbin thread with catch and stick or break. Ask me how I know this! :blink:

Archived