Deco Shimmer Block

I am waiting for a lot of snow so I can have time to play with all my new toys I have been collecting through out the summer ,me and milli are still newlyweds ,I would love to focus on a whole cloth ,any suggestions for a satin/silk . like affordable fabric ,would like to make it bed size and useable and washing machine friendly

I am waiting for a lot of snow so I can have time to play with all my new toys I have been collecting through out the summer ,me and milli are still newlyweds ,I would love to focus on a whole cloth ,any suggestions for a satin/silk . like affordable fabric ,would like to make it bed size and useable and washing machine friendly

Whoops ,got side tracked ,originally posting to say how nice the new block and quilting are ,great job ! .......then to the part of having that ruler also but no time to play with it yet,but saving all the ways of its uses

Queenie, if you are looking for satin for good general use, I would use Casa satin from Joann's. It runs about $8-$10 but if you use a coupon it works well. If they don't have enough for your needs, be sure to special order it and still get the coupon price. I have used it for all 4 of my daughters' wedding dresses and have been able to machine wash and dry each one. The first one got machine grease on it as I was making it. Took it to the bathroom sink, use some liquid soap and warm to hot water and it came right out. Left no stains or rings. It doesn't wrinkle up much either. The 4th daughter's dress I washed and hung to dry (because of color in the dryer) and took it from MN to NH in a very well packed pickup. She took it out of the garment bag and wore it to the second reception looking great with no pressing in between.

Joann's has a whole collection of Casa name in various styles of fabrics, satin, sheer, crepe, etc. and many colors. I won't use any other kind. It would be great for pilowcases too.

Archived