What are your favorite go-to pantos for T-shirt quilts?

It depends on the quilt. I have one with curved arrows that I use on Pi Beta Phi quilts and anything for Mississippi College. I have a baseball panto for baseball quilts and I have one that looks like flames for Harley or Firemen and such. I do a star meander for all star stuff. So I just adapt. Now that I think about it I have never done a basketball quilt. I'd have to think about that one!

Sylvia, I love your curved arrow ideas, I bet those quilts turn out so neat!

Meg, I think I know what dwirling is but I haven't played with it yet. I'm not brave enough to quilt from the front free-style on a customer quilt! But with that Idea, I was thinking of the CL Swirls board, and I see Kathy B mentions it. Hmm, maybe I will see what the gal thinks about that one. Thanks for the suggestion of it, Kathy! Dell, I've been thinking about getting Seaweed sometime! It would be so easy to stitch out, and quick, I think!

I did a little Google Images search ... gotta love that feature! And I see that pretty much anything goes on t-shirt quilts. I guess I just need to find something to fit the theme of this one. Thanks, ladies!

The design I use depends on the "look" of the quilt and what my customers want. I like using the CL Meander board on many of the basic tee shirt quilts. It is easy, it covers the quilt nicely, it is in my low price range (which my customers like), it doesn't over-power the designs on the shirts, and it is fast.

But, after saying all of that, I often do custom tee shirt quilts. I quilted one a few months ago that was entered in our Guild's quilt show and it was tie for first place, viewers choice. And, the really nice part was the gal had my name on her label and sang my praises for quilting it for her.

I have also used the CL boards Swirls, Water, and Square Dance, plus a few pantos here and there.

The design I use depends on the "look" of the quilt and what my customers want. I like using the CL Meander board on many of the basic tee shirt quilts. It is easy, it covers the quilt nicely, it is in my low price range (which my customers like), it doesn't over-power the designs on the shirts, and it is fast.

But, after saying all of that, I often do custom tee shirt quilts. I quilted one a few months ago that was entered in our Guild's quilt show and it was tie for first place, viewers choice. And, the really nice part was the gal had my name on her label and sang my praises for quilting it for her.

I have also used the CL boards Swirls, Water, and Square Dance, plus a few pantos here and there.

Sandra, congrats on your T-shirt quilt winning viewer's choice! The quilting must have been spectacular!

My customer had decided before she arrived what she wanted on the quilt ... which sometimes is such a blessing ... and as it turned out she wanted a meander, so I will be using my CL meander. I do so love the CL boards for their cool designs and symmetry! Thanks for the recommendations!

Archived