Terrific Thursday?

Julie I haven't seen it either and I think we should just start it up again! We had some beautiful eye candy. I have to load quilts tonight. I did an angel baby quilt this past week and just need to finish the binding. I never get tired of making that Quilt! I used micro fleece on the back side and wasn't sure how it was going to work as it is very stretch but it turned out great. I was very careful not to tighten it when I loaded the backer. It is muh thinner than fleece but very warm and soft! I used wool batting with it. Still have to wash out the blue markings.

I finally got in a quilting non-stop groove yesterday, and quilted from 3:30am to 5:30pm. Finished one quilt, did another start to finish, and did half of the other quilt. I've been quilting for 10 years now and have never been caught up. Wouldn't it be nice to actually do a quilt right away when it comes in and send it out the door? BTW - I love the way we can now attach more than one photo with the new forum! I used Quilters Dream Cotton Select Loft & Wool to get the puffy loft. Morning light is always great to show quilting shadows!

post-1950-0-61398000-1351771120_thumb.jpg

post-1950-0-37204200-1351771140_thumb.jpg

Joan, I've never been caught up either.....I have about 5 or my own quilt tops that just keep getting bumped to the back of the line. When I actually did one of my own, it set me back even further. I did put it in line and treated it like a customer but still can't seem to get those customer quilts finished...I'd LOVE to be a the point where I could actually take one in and put it right on the frame...although....I do have to say that would mean that business would not be as good as it is right now...and I should be grateful that I have so many to do and I'm talking in circles aren't I? Maybe I should get off line and get to sewing... :)

Oh you girls are awesome! It's fabulous to see Terrific Thursday is terrific again.

Joan, your quilting looks amazing. And I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing and will share here shortly.

When I get the hang of posting pics, I will post them here too. My Thursday was spent finishing a biggish panto that I used King Tut on for the first time. And the machine didn't mind the thread. Phew! :)

Our son just finished painting yesterday the formal living room, need to move furniture back now. Then pick up my husband from the airport, he has been traveling in Asia for 2 weeks for work. Then back downstairs to work on our daughter's wedding quilt "Bali Wedding Star" by Quiltworx. I did quitl a baby quilt on Sunday, I have 2 small wallhangings to custom quilt, 3 quilts to baste.

Hi all, I love "Terrific Thursday". I really enjoy hearing what everyone is up to and to see the beautiful quilts that are pictured. You gals and guys are great!! I have really missed you the past few days.

I haven't been on for awhile. We had to put my Mom in a rest home. Her dimensia got to the point we could not care for her. Prayers for her please. We can use any of the help we can get. Thanks you in advance

We have been cleaning out her home and getting ready for a BIG garage sale. I think she saved every type of container and box she ever brought into the house. We hauled 3 trailer loads to the dump. We found utility and grocery receipts from the 1970's. We have a real mess. My downstairs is completely filled with boxes and my main floor is filled with furniture. We took a lot of it to the Goodwill before we decided to have a garage sale to help pay some of her bills. We hope to have the house cleared out today and be able to clean up tomorrow so we can turn it back over to the landlord.

Well I need to get ready to go back to work. I will try to get back to you later tonight.

I have a king size hand pieced hexie quilt on the frame. I wanted to lightly custom quilt it...she wants loose e2e. I am going to panto it with "petaline".

Today, I am cleaning out the van to get ready for a trip to south tahoe this weekend for regional soccer. The girls team is going to battle for position at state. No quilting till monday for me.

Nice to see Terrific Thursday back again. I have our 3 year old Grandson for a while this morning, so not much getting done at my house. Daddy is off today and running errands and voting early and just not easy to drag a 3 year old around. Now, a cup of chocolate milk and Dora cartoons are helping me. haha

It's a pretty, crisp Fall day here today. Only 30 degrees, but no wind, so it is pleasant. Most of the leaves have fallen now, but after our recent rains, we have green grass. My mums are blooming nicely as well.

I finished piecing a quilt kit that I bought a couple years ago. It's all ready for quilting whenever I decide what I want to do on it. I finished the 3rd quilt for a lady on Monday and won't take on any more quilts from others until after the holidays. By January I will be looking for something to do.

Have a great day !

I am piecing my scrappiest quilt ever, Spiderweb/string Quilt, it's a commitment however long it takes to use as much scraps as possible.

Also packing for Houston quilt show trip (early morning flight tomorrow).

Havent posted pics lately, I am used to posting pics from my archives only.

For a change I have pictures for Terrific Thursday! I am working on this fabulous Jane Austen quilt! Trying to make the quilting blend in as I think the quilt stands very well on its own....

8144920086_60531d373e.jpg

Camera Roll-401 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

8144890957_d6bfc2445a.jpg

Camera Roll-402 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

8144924484_19852a4f78.jpg

Camera Roll-403 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

I'm starting a quilt with duck appliqué today. As in I'm going to cut the fabric today. It's for my new grandson, Mason David who was born a month early on Oct. 19th. I thought I had another month to make it before I fly to Iowa to be in the delivery room with my daughter-in-law. Now I get to just go love him. lol No hospitals involved. I printed out Heidi's instructions for posting pics and I hope to figure it out so I can post the ones of Mama and Daddy's quilt I gave them for their 60th anniversary last week.

My DD got married this weekend -- this counts as Terrific Thursday for me because I finally am caught up on sleep from entertaining family for a week and a half!!! LOL Hers was a mountain wedding in a very beautiful setting at our local 6th grade camp, SCICON. It's nice to have it over and my house back to being normal (whatever that is).

Yesterday, I quilted three quilts for the same gal. One of them had an organic cotton backing that was REALLY thin. I swear I could read a book through it. My needle put a little hole in the backing material where the extra material is, off to the edge of the quilt. Thank goodness it wasn't in the backing where the quilt is!!! Anyway, just a heads up that some of those organic cottons out there are really thin!

Vicki, I'm coming to realize that you don't want to be caught up in this business because it means you don't have enough customers! So hang in there, quilt at your own pace and ENJOY that you are "behind!!!"

Joan and Charlotte and Ardelle, love the quilting pictures!!!

Since I work full time and mostly just quilt for myself, I don't have any tops waiting to be quilted so I am in quilting withdrawal. :( But I am piecing another top and am hoping to have it all together by Saturday evening. o2b Quilting and I have a group that meets once a month on a Saturday to sew to our hearts content all day and this is our week for it. :rolleyes: so if I finish piecing it on Saturday, it WILL be going on Lenni on Sunday and I will be custom quilting it. I can hardly wait! Now to get through the rest of the work week first............ :wacko:

Nothing quilty to share but I did get to chat with a quilting friend today on the phone! We don't get to see each other much anymore so it was nice to catch up! We're planning on setting aside one day a month to get together and sew. Can't wait!

I have been working storm duty (in our storm room) since Friday and my company has power restored to all but about 756 customers in Delaware. Our sister company in New Jersey has made good progress but they still have a long way to go! The sister company serves roughly from Atlantic City down to Cape May. The crews and lineman have been working 16 hr shifts around the clock. They work tirelessly and in very dangerous conditions. These men, and women too, have my utmost respect for what they do! If you're in the area and see a line crew working, send them a big thank you - they love to know that their efforts are appreciated! It helps them get through the long days. Thanks!

I haven't made anything for two months, but that hasn't stopped me from shopping online and buying fabrics in anticipation. I will show you some of what I've received. The red fabric with the paisley fabric will become placemats I think. And I just fell in love with the beach kids and the bronzy fabric I put with it. I loved the gold fabric that looks like the stars are sparkling and the black fabric to go with it. The pigs will become microwave bowl pot holders for my DIL. I picked up the goldish leaf fabric at the quilt show in Santa Clara last month. I've already found it online so will be ordering more. I could not believe how expensive the fabric was at that show. Most were like $15 a yard. I admired it and walked away. It was crazy.

Thanks, Heidi. It's going well. My husband and I met up with my quilting friend today and we went to lunch at a really great place and over ate...even had some coconut cream pie. Yum. This place is owned by the Mennonite colony and everything is freshly baked and made at the restaurant. OMG...it's like heaven. So fresh and healthy. I had some Cheeseburger Chowder that was out of this world. I had never heard of it before. I will be making it for sure. Then we went over to Fashion Bug Store (clothing store going out of business) and bought some really cute blouses. Then I came home and put on my jammies and rested. Had a great Halloween last night. Gave out lots of candy and laughed so much at all the little munchkin's and their costumes. Then I took all of the leftover candy to the Cancer Center today and gave it to my nurses and techs. I'd say it was a great day. :D Now if I could just figure out why my "Enter" button isn't working on here. I can't make new paragraphs. Bah humbug! And I installed Windows 8 Pro and although I like it a lot it has some quirky ways. I think the Prednisone the doctor put me on for my asthma is keeping me awake and busy. That's ok though because I am breathing much better. And I'm off the Prednisone in a week. Was this too much information??? LOL.

Archived