Terrific Thursday?

Glad to see terrific Thursday :) I returned to work today, oh my I'm tired. I've been off for 7 months because of my shoulder surgery. Last night I quilted a beautiful scrappy oriental fabric quilt and passed out candy to all those tricker-treaters. I quilted a little more on it tonight and should be done with it tomorrow, it could be done tonight but I'm just to tired.

Spent the morning driving to Houston and then 4 hours at the Houston Quilt Show. 4 hours is only a tease. Am going back this morning. Talked to Dawn about troubleshooting some of my Millie's problems, met Matt Sparrow, saw Linzi's yurt, glanced at many fabulous quilts. Going back for a serious day of looking, shopping and picture taking.

Linda, I don't have a Flickr account and I'm posting pics straight out of my files on my desktop. I just resize them to a smaller size and start adding.

Thanks Oma. I reached my limit with only three posted photos and can't resize them any smaller. If I delete my older photos I can post a new one I guess. But then I imagine they'll be gone as well if anyone has saved them to favorites. I think after I can get a breather I'll set up a Flickr account. I hate not sharing and the Glacier Star I just finished is so different I'd like some comments on it.

How are you faring with your radiation treatments? I think about you often and hope you are getting through this part with your great attitude intact. :rolleyes:

Why have I not reached a limit? Did you see where I posted the fabric pics above? Hmmmmm. I also made a comment about my radiation stuff above...it's still going well. I'm getting pretty red, but I'm using the cream and the aloe vera so hanging in there. I was really tired last week, but I've decided that was because I was getting sick with my asthma because I'm much better this week. Or else the Prednisone is giving me a lot more energy. I'm like a tractor pull...I start out hard and fast then I sink really fast. We're going over to the beach for the weekend because hubby is playing in the band for a rodeo function so I decided we would spend the night and enjoy the beach on Sunday...not to mention a few nice quilt stores. I'm so glad to have my friends on here♥ :)

Debbie, were you impressed with the Bliss? I tried it at the Santa Clara show and it was really smooth. I just haven't figured out how to have it and still be able to use my SideSaddle computer. APQS isn't in a big hurry to help me do that because they just came out with their own computer they would like to sell and my SS people aren't in a hurry to help because they've already sold me a computer system. Nobody is set to gain but me. Bah humbug. The only problem I see is getting my computer system to ride on the Bliss table like the machine does. Hmmm. Another problem for another day. Tell us about the Quilt Festival.

Well, this was my first time to go. There were lots of people...more that at Walmart on Christmas Eve. The vendor area was especially crowded. Most of the booths had patterns and fat quarters. The quilts were pretty, but some of the ones I wanted to photo were in the no photo allowed portion. Lots of art quilts. I think I would have enjoyed a more traditional type of show.

Here's some more new fabric pics. I'm planning on some more Professional Tote bags which is why some of the fabrics are a little weird...they are suited to particular people. The fish and palm trees are destined to become microwave bowl potholders. The wild flower print is some wonderful Minky...yum. Loved the little owl print and I'm a sucker for oriental prints. I also fell in love with the blue Christmasy fabric. It feels so good when you pet it. The skull fabrics will be a bag for sure. It's my DGD's thing. Nice feeling fabric anyway. The BitterSweet fabric (charms and roll) were on sell 40% off and I've been eyeing them for a long time for an applique quilt I want to make so I HAD to buy it. I have no idea of why I bought the little scarecrows. LOL.

Archived