FOR SALE Vintage Singer Featherweight

To Sandra Darlington-

I couldn't figure out how to private message you on this new forum. Here is some more information we hope you find helpful.

The model number is AF747965 made on January 7, 1941. Unfortunately, it did not come with any extra feet but the original book is in excellent condition. It has no dings or scratches. There is wear on the decals along the front where you would expect to find it, where your hand and fabric would rub. The rest of the decals look great. The rubber feet are all in good condition and we replaced the felt pad in the base with a new one. The bobbin winder works smoothly and belt is like new. We included 3 new bobbins. The bobbin case is in it. We have taken it apart and cleaned out all the old oil and grease and put in fresh. The case shows a little rust on the front locks, but they do work. There is one small tear in the corner of the black covering. The handle is in good condition as is the rest of the case. As with most cases there is a slight musty smell. I'm told leaving them sit out in the sun can help with this.

Thanks for your interest,

Carl and Cheryl Robinson

Charlotte: If you don't get Cheryl's machine, let me know. I have several 221's in that price range you might be interested in. Jim

Jim, Out of curiosity, what are the dates on your machines?

To Sandra Darlington-

I couldn't figure out how to private message you on this new forum. Here is some more information we hope you find helpful.

The model number is AF747965 made on January 7, 1941. Unfortunately, it did not come with any extra feet but the original book is in excellent condition. It has no dings or scratches. There is wear on the decals along the front where you would expect to find it, where your hand and fabric would rub. The rest of the decals look great. The rubber feet are all in good condition and we replaced the felt pad in the base with a new one. The bobbin winder works smoothly and belt is like new. We included 3 new bobbins. The bobbin case is in it. We have taken it apart and cleaned out all the old oil and grease and put in fresh. The case shows a little rust on the front locks, but they do work. There is one small tear in the corner of the black covering. The handle is in good condition as is the rest of the case. As with most cases there is a slight musty smell. I'm told leaving them sit out in the sun can help with this.

Thanks for your interest,

Carl and Cheryl Robinson

Cheryl, Thanks for the info. I am still interested. I am asking Jim the dates on his machines only because I am curious if any were made in 1949 which is my birth year; actually Nov of 49. I hope you can hold on another day or so to give me a chance to make a decision. Thanks, Sandy

Archived