Terrific Thursday

Since Thursday is nearly over here, I thought I'd start the ball rolling for this weeks Terrific Thursday.

Not a lot of quilt stuff got accomplished here today. Browsed lots of blog sites hoping to see pictures of Houston Quilt Festival. Got my hair coloured, so it looks decent again. A bit of shopping and that was it.

Hope everyone else's Thursday has been terrific for them. :)

Guess your homeland is way ahead of mine, Julie, on when Thursday occurs -- you are in Australia, right? It is only 6am here in Minnesota, USA. I'm starting the day with one of my own quilts on the frame, red-brown, sage-green. &red-gold batiks with various sizes of circles. I am going to try out the Spirograph function on my Quiltazoid over those circles. On the home front, my foster dog has been very sick from eating a mega size rawhide bone that I thought I was treating him with...

It is almost 9 am here in NY. I wouldn't mind if it were the evening since that would be it were that much closer to Friday! I haven't gotten much quilting done this week, my mojo has taken a vacation I think. I did finish the binding on an angel baby quilt that will be a gift and I ordered fabric for my soon to be granddaughter's quilt. I do not at all like the fabric her mommy has picked out but I'll make it work. I've finally designed a quilt that mommy loves so that is good. I hope it comes out cute.

I'm heading out pretty soon to attend our last Quilt Guild meeting/sewing day for 2012. Most of our little group are older, so we decided to take the winter months off. We have our last meeting in November and then start again in March or April - depending on the weather. We plan to gather some of our charity quilts to get ready to send off to the East Coast storm victims.

Have a great day everyone.

Since Thursday is nearly over here, I thought I'd start the ball rolling for this weeks Terrific Thursday.

Not a lot of quilt stuff got accomplished here today. Browsed lots of blog sites hoping to see pictures of Houston Quilt Festival. Got my hair coloured, so it looks decent again. A bit of shopping and that was it.

Hope everyone else's Thursday has been terrific for them. :)

Julie, check this site out~~~

https://www.connecte...lbums/view/1641

Have a dear friend coming over today. We are going to make blocks for quilts for her 3 grandchildren. We are using fabric strips from her mother's clothing.. Busy day here, cool and beautiful. Prayers still going out for all those in the NE.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm working on a fabulous paper pieced quilt which will end up going to a local wounded solider. His wife saw the sample at a shop so the teacher got a bunch of her students together and pieced a wonderful quilt. When its done I'm hoping to post pictures. But I might just have to bring around to everyone and show them.....................Hmmm I don't think that will work either. My daughter is my back up plan.

Finished a Minkee-backed huge quilt yesterday, and taking today off. Hair color and perm this morning, so I'm not afraid to appear in public any more...It's snowing, and I could complain about that, but after being in NYC last week I can only be glad that we don't live near any large bodies of water. Thinking about finishing grandkids' Xmas pyjamas, mounting another quilt, doing Xmas baking...or not! November, November...

Barbara

Worked on getting a couple of customer's quilts finished and wrapping things up for a few days as I get to go to a retreat tomorrow!! Only staying for the first day of the three day retreat as we are leaving for Branson MO very early Saturday for a 4-5 day vacation. (I am more excited about a day of sewing than I am about the Branson trip but don't tell my husband that...)

I'm dreaming of some rain! Maybe tomorrow, fingers crossed! I finished piecing my turkey wall hanging that I started last night but I have five customer quilts to get done before I can load this one (which is a "good thing," as Martha says LOL). Earlier this week I did get to play on the long arm on my own little pumpkin wall hanging and practiced doing tiny feathers. Went to guild today, came home and had to work my regular job, which I'm thankful for but after 25 years of being home doing this one "profession" I'm ready for a change. Right now I'm running some hot bath water as I intend to relax and thoroughly enjoy Linda Rech's new book (thanks, Linda, I love it!!).

Julie, check this site out~~~

https://www.connecte...lbums/view/1641

Have a dear friend coming over today. We are going to make blocks for quilts for her 3 grandchildren. We are using fabric strips from her mother's clothing.. Busy day here, cool and beautiful. Prayers still going out for all those in the NE.

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks Dell, I will check it out. :)

My second week of piecing this spiderweb quilt, an eight sided string quilt. It will take a while to finish this one, extremely scrappy and of course time consuming. I am inspired by Sarah Fielke's quilt from Material Obsession book.

A friend visited and brought lunch for both of us, showed her my goodies from Houston show, talked shop and then I went to a womens fellowship meeting with my sisters in church tonight.

post-3924-0-72187100-1352497451_thumb.jpgMissed posting yesterday, but it was full. Finished quilting a customer's quilt cross wall hanging, loaded two snowmen table runners and quilted both of them for another customer, then even another customer dropped off queen size t-shirt quilt and got it loaded, added to my dog paws hand drawn pantograph so it would be long enough to make the dog paws going to the top of the quilt and started quilting it. Meanwhile, another customer dropped off her 1st great-grandbaby's quilt to be quilted and finished and guild members came and went picking up and dropping off our guild donation/raffle quilt (that I finished quilting Tuesday afternoon) after they got threads knotted and buried for me after getting it back from others finishing the binding. It will make its debut at guild meeting and had to draft a speech to go along with the unveiling. You'll get to see it soon! Where's the calgon when you need it????

Missed posting yesterday, but it was full. Finished quilting a customer's quilt cross wall hanging, loaded two snowmen table runners and quilted both of them for another customer, then even another customer dropped off queen size t-shirt quilt and got it loaded, added to my dog paws hand drawn pantograph so it would be long enough to make the dog paws going to the top of the quilt and started quilting it. Meanwhile, another customer dropped off her 1st great-grandbaby's quilt to be quilted and finished and guild members came and went picking up and dropping off our guild donation/raffle quilt (that I finished quilting Tuesday afternoon) after they got threads knotted and buried for me after getting it back from others finishing the binding. It will make its debut at guild meeting and had to draft a speech to go along with the unveiling. You'll get to see it soon! Where's the calgon when you need it????

Cindy! I'm tired just reading your post! :D

Very seldom do I use "loaded and unloaded" in the same sentence, let alone about the same day!

Yesterday I "helped" a local tree service take out a bunch of large old trees. I helped by standing in the cold and watching the four of them work really hard!

I quilted for lots of hours on a big 30's repro quilt with an appliqued border--very pretty but not even close to being finished. Happy Friday, everybody!

Yesterday was a sorta busy day. Worked on putting fabrics on the foam core boards, put

them in the fabric room, and worked on the QoV, It's going well so far.

I put QZ's and other similar boards to put a pattern in each of the blocks, of red, white and blue.

Quite a calm day, even with the QZ design we saw on Animal Planet, APSCA episode.

Rita

Archived