Bliss system

The Bliss system is a different way of the carriage moving on the table. It comes with a new table top , new rails and a new carriage for your machine. Makes a huge difference in how your machine moves, than machine can be blown along the table with just a fan . Has a price of $3000. You could install it by yourself, but will need the help of a friend as it will be like starting to build your table from scratch.

If this is too high for your budget maybe look at getting the MnM wheels instead. These are the new wheels on the Bliss system that have different bearings to the original AQPS wheels. The new wheels are $240 a set. They also help your machine to move a lot freer.

I've had the Bliss for a year now and figure the great ease of movement has extended my quilting years considerably. I highly recommend it.

I agree that adding the M&M wheels is a step up, but having driven the old composite wheels, M&Ms on a demo machine, and the Bliss system---well, it's like a Volkswagen, a Camry, and a Ferrari. All are good cars, all have their uses and good points (and prices! :P ), but the driving is so different with each one. Consider what's acceptable and easy to use for you. If you have back or shoulder pains or stiffness, try out the Bliss if you can.

If you want to, you can test drive Bliss at a Road Show or quilt show. At the Road Show I attended similar machines were set up with and without Bliss (can't remember exactly which ones), allowing you to judge for yourself if the extra $$ for Bliss was worth it to you. I was amazed at the difference and went with the Bliss system (which of course is less expensive if you get it when you buy your machine).

Welcome home!

Cynthia

• 2 weeks later...

I do not currently have Bliss but will be either upgrading my machine next spring or buying Bliss for my current Mille. I played on my sister-in-law's new Freedom and the difference is so amazing. My wrists hurt for a few days after quilting with my machine and I am sure that Bliss will solve that problem or reduce it greatly.

Keep an eye on the APQS main website. They put the road shows on the calendar/schedule as they book them. Keep checking periodically. Make sure that you are on their emailing list also as they send out e-blasts to everyone in the area when a show is coming near you. Also, if you put down your location here or start another topic like "I am looking to try Bliss on a machine in the area of _______. Anyone willing to let me play on your machine?" Many of us will let you try out our machines and we love to tell you how much we love them.

Archived