Quilt accepted in a local challenge

I haven't been around on the forum much since my husband was deployed to Afghanistan a couple months ago. But, I have been working on a quilt that was inspired by one that Sue Daurio posted in the forum last April using the LynneBobSquarePants pattern. Lo and behold, my quilt accepted as one of the ten finalists in a local contest hosted by the Old Country Store/People Place Museum. If you want to see my quilt named Town Squares, the website is www.mortonmasterpiece.com. I would have posted a picture here but I haven't quite figured out how to post it over from the website. I'm so excited that it was accepted!!

Very pretty quilt and you got my vote! Bless you and your husband for your sacrifices that go with the deployment. Our son-in-law returned from his third tour last July, and it was a tough road for our daughter while he was gone. Know there are many of us here who will do what we can to help through the deployment. Take care!

Thank you everyone for your compliments and your votes! It is actually the first one I ever feathered freehand and I have Myrna to thank for that. Please keep my husband in your prayers. His mission is more dangerous than the other deployments and I'm worried about this one. He gets no leave during the year deployment

Very pretty quilt and you got my vote! Bless you and your husband for your sacrifices that go with the deployment. Our son-in-law returned from his third tour last July, and it was a tough road for our daughter while he was gone. Know there are many of us here who will do what we can to help through the deployment. Take care!

so I won't see him until the end of next September. Thank goodness for friends and this forum!!

Archived