My First Pattern is Finally Ready

I am so excited. My first foray into pattern design is ready to see how it goes.

I should say that it is not entirely original. I saw a picture of a quilt made in the 70's in an old magazine. I tried to get information on the designer. I found that she has since passed away and a pattern was never produced for the quilt. I set about designing my own slant on the original. I made my original using a 60 degree ruler. It works, but I decided paper piecing would make the project a whole lot easier so the final pattern is a paper piecing project. It requires some skill in Y-seams also. Bekah of the Moxies tested the pattern for me and did a beautiful job. All of the Moxies have been so encouraging I can't thank them enough. Linda Rech has been especially encouraging and has insisted that I post the news about it.

If anyone is interested I can provide particulars via email or via message on the forum (although I've not tried that on the new format yet).

I hope the pictures have loaded.

post-2137-0-43312900-1353277020_thumb.jpgpost-2137-0-04888100-1353277073_thumb.jpg

:D Clapclapclap--Yay!!

I idolize Lynda because of her piecing skills. Whenever she hosts Moxies she always has some scrumptious pattern in the works with neat piles of luscious half-square triangles and paper-pieced blocks ready to sew into a gorgeous top .I am beyond thrilled that she has taken this step!

Wouldn't Radiance be great for a class at a quilt shop? Think of the colorways you could try.

I think it would be stunning in almost-solids grading from palest peach to coral on one side and tans to dark brown on the other. Hey--I have a bin of neutrals right here. :rolleyes: And a perfect batik for the border. Yep, I need that pattern!

Guest Linda S

It's lovely, Linda! I'm glad Linda pushed you to tell us about it. Where/when are you selling them? You are a very talented piecer and this looks like a wonderful quilt.

Thank you all so much.

Lynn and Debbie I have sent a U2U (or whatever we are calling it now).

I am selling the pattern myself. It is $15.00 and I am happy to send it anywhere in the US. If someone overseas wants it I will have to add some shipping and am not sure what that will be.

I will be teaching a class at Boardwalk Quilts in Long Beach, WA in April and May (the exact date is not quite set yet). The pattern will be available there as well. So far that is the only store that I have talked to.

I'll try to respond as soon as I see anything but just as a side note we are getting a pretty good windstorm and it is predicted to get a lot worse tonight so I may be without power. Last time it was 5 days so if you don't hear from me, I promise to return as soon as I can.

Thank you all again for your support, you just don't know what it means to me.

Lynda

newellyn@msn.com

Archived