Sign in to follow this  
Kristiequilts

OMG You won't believe what happened to me now!!

I Broke my ANKLE!! it is 6 to 8 weeks of sleeping on the couch and trying to manuever around my downstairs (I can't get up the stairs either!!) with a pair of crutches or a walker with wheels (that got it has a seat!) I broke my Right Ankle and have really bad artheritis in my Left Knee - DARN that hurts!!!

Yes I'm looking for sympathy ! I cannot stand at the machine and quilt for at least 2 weeks, maybe MORE. Well I have crazy quilting I can do. But what little revenue I was going to get is not going to happen now. Oh well... that's the way the ankle colapses. (goof ball). I just thought I'd let everyone know. This shoudl give me plenty of time to re-find my photos. :) silver linings everywhere!

Hugs to everyone.

Kristie

Kristie

Life is much too important to be taken seriously

Guest Linda S

Ouch! Have you seen the little scooters you can kneel on? You put the knee with your injured foot on the scooter and push yourself around with the other leg. Much easier to get around. Wish they had had those long ago when I had multiple ankle surgeries.

OH NO! You do have my sympathy. There isn't ever a good time to break an ankle but over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays must be one of the worst. Can you scoot up the stairs backwards, one step at a time, while sitting and lifting yourself with your arms and left leg? I hope that make sense. Give yourself plenty of time to heal and don't rush back to quilting until the dr. tells you it is OK to be back on your feet.

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks

You have my sympathy. Do you have kids old enough to handle Thanksgiving dinner? If you do then you're in good shape. Park your behind in a comfy chair in front of the tv with the remote control beside you and relax. And you can chat on here...lol.

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

Poor you.....take te opportunity to rest up ready for 2013....good luck!

f435feb2c2ab1aab52ad1e3ca0f8a22c.png

Come visit my blog at

http://borderlinequilter.blogspot.com/

http://www.borderlinequilter.co.uk/

http://www.flickr.co.../goldringading/

APQS Sales Rep

Millennium 2010 It's Blissful

Quiltazoid with upfront system

Girl, that really stinks, and at this time of year too. I guess maybe summer would be worse though not swimming and hot sticky weather, I guess you will be doing lots of hand work and sit down jobs for awhile, Wishing you a fast recovery and lots to keep you busy while you heal.

I did that a few years ago and found an office chair worked really well to get around. Live alone and was able to do everything that had to be done.

Grocery shopping was interesting . Had to wait until someone could take me. Not fun, you take care of your self.

Sorry for your pain but you just milk it for all it's worth. Let everyone wait on you! Pretend it is the worst of the worst and they will even clean your house!!!!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

Oh my! There is never a good time for things like this to happen, but this time of year makes it that much more difficult. I did the same thing a number of years ago. I found that after the throbbing pain subsides and the mending is well underway, I was able to stand with my knee on an office chair. Perhaps that will work for you in front of your LA. In the meantime, take care and soak up as much sympathy as you can get!! :D Prayers for a quick and easy recovery.

2EC2AA7574F475301B3018AECBD11B21.png

Proud Owner of 2009 Millie

Bliss & Quiltazoid Friendly

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.....

Ouch! If you can't stand and quilt, can you sit and quilt? Maybe it's a good time to get a stool, just get one with a back on it, we wouldn't want you to topple over and have another break! Here's hoping you have a quick recovery.