Zig Zag for Ivan.....

kay,

i'm new to the forum and have only seen a couple of your quilts, but i have to say they are exquisite. i want to be you when i grow up!!! and to top it off you live in a very beautiful country. i visited Scotland a few years back and could spend the rest of my life there if my family would only consent to move too. keep posting your pictures, they are truely eye candy.

gone to pieces.

I love this quilt!!!

Do have a question for anyone & everyone - I have a zig-zag coming up. I noticed that you (Kay) didn't quilt in the blue area. How big (wide) are the blue zigs. Are you concerned that they may puff/wrinkle too much when used and washed. What would be the maximum that one should risk concerning quilting. I also face this with some of the appliqued quilts I do. I always check the package for maximum area without quilting, but that doesn't always provide the best look longterm.

I love this quilt!!!

Do have a question for anyone & everyone - I have a zig-zag coming up. I noticed that you (Kay) didn't quilt in the blue area. How big (wide) are the blue zigs. Are you concerned that they may puff/wrinkle too much when used and washed. What would be the maximum that one should risk concerning quilting. I also face this with some of the appliqued quilts I do. I always check the package for maximum area without quilting, but that doesn't always provide the best look longterm.

Hi Meg, How are you, well I hope, thanks for your recent insights into the computerised systems, you know how much I value your opinion.

On the Zig Zag quilt my blocks/squares are only 4 inches so not too big...I wouldn't have left it unquilted if the blocks were any bigger but it did make for a nice soft quilt.

Thanks for all of the lovely comments ladies!

Kay - first - thanks for the nice comments.

I pretty much guessed the answer about the quilt blocks - I will have to come up with something since my blocks are bigger - have been looking at lots of zig-zag quilts recently and it seems that the ones I like the best have fairly intense quilting in the white areas and less in the colored areas so when I saw yours I was thrilled to see such wonderful quilting!!! and no quilting in the colored area. No such luck for me. The quilt I will be doing is grey and white but I know I won't get to it until after the first of the year........... I am tending toward just a couple of simple straight lines following the zig-zags in the grey. The grey fabric has lots of swirls so have been thinking of a swirl/pebble type design for mine - your design would be perfect - maybe I should send mine to you ...........

Keep your quilts coming - always such a treat to drool over them!!!!!

Archived