The giving of thanks

Everyone is scurrying to shop for food, clean the house, bake, work that job that buys the food, make plans, count noses, and get it all done before the holiday arrives.

I want to take time today to say how thankful I am for so many things--and especially our forum. This wonderful, safe, sane, generous spot where we can meet, make friends, help each other, and learn.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

No rush around here this year. Two grilled steaks and the trimmings for them.

I too want to wish everyone a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for and way too many to list here. So I will say thank you all for all the praise and encouragement you have given me and others. I could hug all of you but my arms just won't reach that far! So, here is my cyber hug (U)! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

PS. Linda, thanks for the sunshine today!!!! :D

Since I will be really snowed under starting tomorrow, I'll take this time to wish all of you a very happy and safe Thanksgiving. Enjoy all the goodies........it's only one day. :lol:

For our house it is 4 days..........We do Thanksgiving and Christmas on the same weekend because it is so hard to get everyone together for two separate times so close together. Our daughter and granddaughters are driving over from Chicago now........her DH will fly over tomorrow, as he had an important meeting tonight. Our son and family live here in town. We do Thanksgiving on Thursday, my birthday on Friday and then Christmas on Saturday. By Sunday they are all on their way home and we collapse for the rest of the day. With my Mom, there will be 12 of us..........just a nice size group.

Happy Turkey Day, Forum Friends! We are having a smallish gathering at our house, which seems to be in a constant state of construction. I took the week after off and hoped to quilt, quilt, quilt...but then my hubby decided to take the week off, too! I think I'll just have to hide in my quilt cave! I'm thankful for all my quilting friends, near and far!

Guest Linda S

I'm thankful for this group also. Way back when I first started out, there weren't many folks around. Just usually me and Judy Laquidara. I learned so much from her and I continue to learn from you all.

I'm thankful for my snug home, my wonderful family (including my fur kids), my relatively good health, and all the doors quilting has opened for me. Blessings to you all this holiday.

Linda I'm so glad you started this trhead and I too am so thankful for this forum. We will be having a small and peaceful Thanksgiving and hopefully no family drama! LOL My daughter and new son-inlaw will be coming over and we'll spend the evening playing cards or games. No crazy shopping for me either. I need to do my shopping but I have no desire to do it with crowds and craziness, I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and not deal with the drama.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year but most of all I'm thankful for my family and thankful I survived the year!

i'm thankful to linda, and everyone on this forum for all the help and encouragement i have received. really....thank you all. i love this forum, it's full of 'good people'.

i'm blessed with a supportive hubby and 3 healthy, great kids, 2 of which will be eating turkey at my table on thursday.

we will also have my sister and her hubs and a friend from NJ with us this year. i'm thankful that they are able to get here and share the holiday with us. i'm grateful for the opportunity to give them 5 or 6 days of R&R before they return to the business of rebuilding their lives.

friday is my birthday, and i will have many loved ones to eat cake with me.

i'm one lucky lady with many reasons to give thanks.

i wish you all a wonderful thanksgiving, full of family, friends and love. XO

:)

(don't you wish we had a turkey emoji?) :P

We've been truly blessed with so many wonderful and caring forum members. The APQS family is absolutely the best. We have friends far and near and it's so exciting when we get to meet them in person. You girls, and guys, have made me a better quilter. Happy Birthday and Thanksgiving to all of you.

I am thankful for this forum and for all of the wonderful people that come here and share their work and provide so much inspiration! I am also thankful for my family and friends. We will be spending Thanksgiving day with my SIL, nephews and my parents. I'm missing my grandmother and MIL...I hope they are smiling down on us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I am so thankful for this forum too where everyday friends gather and there is inspiration galore. While I had several invitations for dinner at friends' homes, I have chosen to stay home and quilt, watch movies and snuggle with the "dog children". I'm making myself a little turkey and some of the things we usually have. With DH deployed, no shopping this year. He bought me Bliss earlier this year to "cover" all the holidays he would miss in the coming year, including our 20th anniversay this Sunday. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

I too am thankful for your friendship and generous hearts, my experience here made me a better quilter. Thanksgiving in our house with DH, DD and her fiancée.

I thank the Lord for my health, family, friends and His love.

Wishing you all Happy Thanksgiving

May all of you have a wonderful, thankful, safe and healthy Holiday.

I don't visit often, am thankful I would get an answer if I asked.

I'm thankful for the forum..

Too many other things to name, but I am so thankful for our family

the grands, and the many friends.

Mostly I'm thankful for so many years of marriage, 54 now, and

that both of us are not slowed down so much in things we loved

too do, are still independent from outside help, so far. Our

health issues are under control, and we are feeling quite well.

God Bless you all,

Himself and Rita

Archived