Community of Quilters - you'll be jealous!

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

We're all here because we share a love of quilting, and we've become friends over the internet. We do occasionally get to see one another at shows, and in the Northwest, we're lucky to have the Moxies. We share our expertise and learn from one another, and now I have a fabulous opportunity to teach and learn from another APQS rock star!

Hitomi has invited me to Hawaii, and I will be going to see her in January. We'll be sharing 'how-to's on the Intelliquilter, and she will show me beautiful Hawaiian quilting, how to grow coffee, and I may even get to see the volcano! I am so excited. Quilting in paradise with an internet friend -- what could be better?

You're going to love Hawaii and I can't imagine a better person to spend it with (Hitomi). I was there in January one year and the weather was so beautiful. I ate mangos with my eggs for breakfast for almost a year when I got back. When you go see the volcano see the black sand beach too, and the waterfalls, and oh my goodness...it's all so beautiful. I'd love to stow away in your baggage and go with you.

Guest Linda S

I can well remember last January when my sister and I were commiserating on how cold and wet it was here. It will be nice to be in a warm climate and to be doing quilting and Intelliquilter work will be so fun. Can't wait to see you, either Catherine! I know we'll all have fun.

You will love Hawaii. Our oldest son lives and works in Honolulu. He has been there for 11 years and loves it. We have been fortunate to travel there several times. Hitomi's "Big Island" has so much beauty to offer. We adore Kauai and plan on returning this coming summer once again. Enjoy the sights and the quilting!

Guest Linda S

I'll be staying for a week! I've been practicing all my techniques on the quilts I'm finishing up for Christmas, so I won't be rusty when I get there. I'm definitely taking the camera!

Archived