The project my daughter brought home!!!

Beth found a bag at a thrift store. Said full size quilt with bed skirt attached! This is what was inside! All polyester! knits!! 2.5 inch squares with a polyester knit back. It was about 3/4 hand quilted. And it it 112 by 95 inches! :(

Her wish is to remove the backing and put on flannel and me quilt it! So I have been unsewing the hand quilting done with pearl cotten thread. My hands are killing me. I need to have a frogging party and play rippit!!!! :blink::wacko::mellow:

Any one want to come?

Wish me luck!!!

post-3467-0-92626000-1353870774_thumb.jpg

post-3467-0-26604700-1353870781_thumb.jpg

post-3467-0-40152300-1353870789_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Wow! I'm not a polyester fan, but I love the colors and the scrappy look. How about trying to skin it using an eyebrow trimmer? From the back, peel down the backing and hack away with the eyebrow trimmer. Does it have any batting in it? If it does, you can hack towards the backing, since you won't be using it. Good luck!

Wow! I'm not a polyester fan, but I love the colors and the scrappy look. How about trying to skin it using an eyebrow trimmer? From the back, peel down the backing and hack away with the eyebrow trimmer. Does it have any batting in it? If it does, you can hack towards the backing, since you won't be using it. Good luck!

Thought about that, Linda. But it is thick pearl cotton thread and I'm just pulling the thread and gathering it and then clip and pull that lenght out. Really is going pretty fast. I've spent two evenings ripping and watching TV with my sweet hubby! :)

Archived