Help - will this blue come out??

ramona-quilter

Hi, I got this embroidered quilt from one of my regulars. It was her first embroidered quilt. My first one, too. The Sues are preprinted in blue and I guess she stitched over the top of the blue pattern. Like a paint by number with thread:) I can only assume that the blue stuff washes out....yeah?

Anyway, I was so proud of myself, the echo was working and then I noticed that the blue from the pattern is leaching up into the embroidery thread. OMG. Is that normal? Will it wash out of the thread?? And why is it starting to do it now? I don't remember it being like that earlier. The quilt has been in the bag until I put it on the machine. Would the batting cause the pattern ink to run??

Should I protect it from room air? My house is climate-controlled. It is is not damp or humid in here. Did I neglect to do something??

sue1.jpg

Here is the blue ink leaching:

sue-blue.jpg

Oh my, I see what you're asking about. I don't have any suggestions on removing the blue as I've not had any experience doing it.

I did want to say that I really like your outline stitching. It is a perfect complement to her embroidery work. What I really liked were the loops beneath the butterfly. You did a great job and I sure hope the blue is removable.

Sandy

In reading your problem I was thinking exactly what Caron said, and she is so correct. If these block are even 10 years old the customer might have trouble getting the blue out...

40 years ago the blue marks were NOT expected to wash out...the products they used then were there to stay, they didn't have the wash out stuff of today...hense the tiny tiny stitches we used. I was taught to really take the time and put in extra efforts to hide the stuff. I know I have some that are that old and the blue marks are still there.

The blue marks at the bottom of the block was the stitching line so these may just be there for a while...with washing they do get faint, but still there. Good Luck

I will just hope for the best, it's too late to do anything now. I know that she just finished the quilt top last week. Of course, that does not mean that the embroidery pattern is not old. Here's hoping. Thanks for your responses. I will tell her about Pam Clarke's Sew Clean. I need to get some for myself.

Archived