Becoming 'Friends' on Forum

Hi Joan,

When you add someone as your friend, in essence you're adding them to your "short list" of individuals you can keep close tabs on or have quick conversations with. For example, let's say you really wanted to follow someone's posts (not just one specific post, but all of the posts that person makes because you like what they have to say, like their style of quilting, whatever). If you add that person as a friend, then you can quickly find catch up with what that person's been up to without doing a search on the forums.

When you click on the drop down arrow near your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen, you'll see the option to "manage friends". From there you'll see your "short list" of your friends, and you can click on the icons to the right of that person's name to remove them, "personal message" them, or see all the content that person has posted at a glance.

Hope that gives you an idea of how you might put the friend list to good use. :)

Linda, As I find it difficult to adjust to change, I thought probably that is why I did not care for this forum as I did the other. Loved being able to just bring up "Today's Posts" and see everything I wanted to see. Loved all of the pictures and ideas people shared. Still love what people share so generously, but find it much more time consuming.

Perhaps in time I wil adjust to this new forum. I sure hope so!!!

But, in the meantime, you stated my sentiments exactly.

Marilyn

Linda, As I find it difficult to adjust to change, I thought probably that is why I did not care for this forum as I did the other. Loved being able to just bring up "Today's Posts" and see everything I wanted to see. Loved all of the pictures and ideas people shared. Still love what people share so generously, but find it much more time consuming.

Perhaps in time I wil adjust to this new forum. I sure hope so!!!

But, in the meantime, you stated my sentiments exactly.

Marilyn

Marilyn:

I simply click on "New since last visit" and it brings up all the new posts since I last checked the forum (which is often more than once a day). It is one of the blue folder tabs in the upper left corner of the screen under the APQS logo when you open the forum.

• 5 weeks later...

Forums, Memberships and New Since Last Visit, are not blue

They are all gray.

While asking questions, may I ask if there is any way to get

my old forum name changed back to the newer one?

I'd like to get that done, and then read the How To's again.

Thanks, Rita

Dawn,

I want to congratulate you and your team for this wonderful upgrade. I too was a little frustrated at first. But after some browsing and learning the new options, like updating your own profile and other stuff. Not seeing as many spamers (great catchs) this is not a perfect world. My regular email gets spammers, that is life. Keep up with the improvements and providing us with terminology and definitions as this with friends. I learn something new today about this forum and I love learning something new daily. You and your team are great for providing such a user friendly forum. This is my go to webpage, and I have another brand which only has a yahoo group which is combersome to access.

So THANK YOU and your team for taking the negatives stated here and turning it into a positive for us. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Dawn, thanks for the information on "friends". Like all things, learning all the changes here can be a little confusing at times, but with such wonderful help we get from Dawn, I think I will like this forum just fine once I get it figured out. The only real complaint I have is the picture issue. I really don't want to open a Flicker account, but may give in for the new year.

I think friends are those who you can chat with and have no condemnations. Support, answers, comments are all taken as meant.

Now HELP!!! ?? PLEASE?

I am signed in, can reply to anyone, but cannot find a way to post a new topic...

Where should I be able to find the button??

Please someone help me..

Also if the profile, etc has a bearing on it.

RitaR

Archived