Terrific Thursday...where is everybody?

Oma

I haven't done any sewing this week. I'm exhausted! I've purchased some more fabric for the microwave potholders for the girls at the cancer center. Hopefully, I can get those done. I have 11 more treatments left. I hope it goes fast. I'm very sore and getting blisters. Doing everything I'm suppose to and I'm doing way better than a few others. I was at the dentist's and got my permanent bridge put on this morning. Yay...I was able to actually eat something that didn't hurt or cause my temporary one to fall off after three months. So do you know what I ate for breakfast...NACHOS. Too funny. My asthma is well under control now, my UTI is gone and I've almost got my Christmas cards made out. As Charlie Sheen said...WINNING!!! LOL. I am so looking forward to the new year.

Now you girls do your part and get busy posting pics and stories of what you're doing. I'm living vicariously through all of you.

Oh, I did buy myself and my daughter a little Christmas present. She sort of collects Buddas and it seems that elephants started hanging around my house about 16 years ago so look what I found at Pier 1 Imports. It makes me smile and it was perfect for us both to have one. I think it's sweet.

I've switched back into my jammies and now I'm headed for my recliner, quilt and the remote control. I think a power nap is in order.

What a nice report to read. Glad things are going as well as they are for you.

Sorry, no picture yet, but I am working on George quilting a double sided Peanuts turning twenty for a Christmas gift. I only started it at least 4-5 years ago. Maybe this year will finish it at least I got it layered and started quilting in the last couple weeks!

Oma, I'm glad you are back to being able to eat without mouth pain! And nachos must count somewhere on the food pyramid! I'm not a firm believer that you must eat breakfast at breakfast time. We love breakfast for dinner, so no biggie that you are switching breakfast and dinner today, right?

I finished this quilt up yesterday. She will be picking it up tomorrow. It is only okay. There are so many things I wish I had done differently. This gal took me on as a risk ... meaning she knows I don't do custom and am still considering myself a newbie and she said to go for it, no pressure, no masterpiece needed, so I did. It was a big learning experience for sure. The weather here is rainy/cloudy/dreary so the pictures are cruddy. Even though you can't see the quilt colors, this one shows the quilting the best. If you want to see the actual quilt colors, it is in this post.

http://forum.apqs.co...rns#entry439055

post-5206-0-20209300-1354227823_thumb.jpg

Oma, so glad to hear you are doing better! Enjoy your afternoon nap! I finished a quilt yesterday and today I have been working on putting up Christmas tree and decorations...unfortunately that also means cleaning first so it is a bigger job than I had planned and I am tired! Still only half done, plan to finish the other half tomarrow! Then back to starting a new quilt!

So glad you are doing better, Oma. What's wrong with nachos for breakfast??

Here's a top I finished this week. Lisa C and I started these LAST Christmas. Hers was done last year. Mine sat just like I brought it home from her house last year. Now it's ready to go on the longarm!

I'm also making these cute Advent calendars for my daughter and daughter in law. There are little ornaments that hang from the tree. I had lots of fun quilting them. Even used Superior metallic in the sky background. I'll post a picture of the finished quilts once I get them done.

post-1093-0-55839000-1354230033_thumb.jpgpost-1093-0-86771900-1354230076_thumb.jpg

I finished a fusible appliqué project today called 'Dance of the Loons', a pattern by Anna VanDemark

www.vandemarkdesigns.com

I ended up having to do a lot of thread painting, in order for the appliqué objects to show. The part I enjoyed the most was figuring out how to create the shadows of the loons on the water.

8231270598_8681237728.jpg

HunnLoonCenterEdited by LadyLakeQuilting, on Flickr

8231260834_09f550357d.jpg

HunnLoonFullEdited by LadyLakeQuilting, on Flickr

8230204141_a4efe2fede.jpg

HunnLoonLeftEdited by LadyLakeQuilting, on Flickr

I am off to a three day retreat tomorrow with most of my quilting buddies!

Oma, glad you're feeling well. You amaze me! I could have used a power nap this afternoon. I hope you enjoyed yours!

Bonnie, the quilt looks great!!! I think we are always harder on ourselves.

Lisa, the Advent calendar is SWEET! Love your quilt, too.

I have been spending my evenings doing hand work...which I figured out I really enjoy. It's very relaxing. I'm making six little gift card holders out of wool felt and each envelope has a different Christmas scene. I'm also working on some mug mats and they are turning out ok...it's my first try at needle turn appliqué. My other project to get done before the holidays are five Christmas table runners which will be gifts for some of my favorite gals. If there is time I'd like to make a few of the microwave pot holders... I'd better get busy!

Oma glad to hear you're doing good just make sure you get plenty of rest. Everyone's quilt look great. I have a barn quilt coming after Christmas so that gave me good ideas. Today I'm working on an applique quilt that had really thick seams and yep broke a needle thank goodness I found the end of needle and she seems to be running fine. Eight more quilts to go and one is a king ugh! It's a good Thursday my daughter went to doctor and the baby's heart beat is good but she lost another 2 pounds. Hope this morning sickness eases up so she can eat. We might be able to find out the sex in December and I am so excited they asked me to go with them for this appointment. I don't care what sex the little peanut is as long as it's healthy. Well happy quilting everyone. Oh yah bought a new Christmas tree pre-lit brought it home decorated it and sure as day one strand of lights went out!!! Undecorated it and it's going back. I don't know that I will have time to put up another one this year too busy.

Bonnie, I love the red barns. Lisa, both your quilts are awesome. I bought the pattern for the one with the stockings at 3 Dudes Quilting when I was in AZ last year and I love the Santa Clause. The quilting on it is wonderful. Joan, your loons are very, very colorful and pretty. I love it. What a great job. Thank you for sharing it.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I feel for Nancy's daughter...I remember morning sickness...43 years ago...7 months pregnant and I weighed 107 lbs. It stopped around that 7 month mark and I went on to deliver a healthy 8 pound baby boy in spite of it. I existed on 7 up and saltine crackers. I know she and baby will be fine, but I pray her morning sickness goes away.

How about pics of Christmas trees after they are put up? I think we will do ours next week. Hubby is playing in the band this weekend and we have a lot going on, but maybe Monday. It's the only time of the year that I decorate. I have a hate/love relationship with it...hate putting it up and taking it down, but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way it looks while it is up. And even though none of the kids come home for Christmas (same reason as for Thanksgiving...I can't stand for them to be on the road during the holidays) I always put up all the stockings around the balcony and stairs...all 22 of them. It's a sight and they are so pretty.

Ok, checked on you guys, took some Tylenol, now back to my chair to work on those Christmas cards. :D

This is Thursday, isn't it ! I've been all mixed up my days since the holiday weekend. Seemed like we had Sunday for 4 days. :) DH and I went shopping today and bought ourselves a couple new chairs.........Merry Christmas to us ! After that the bakery beckoned DH to come in for a coconut donut, but I opted for the Quilt Shop down the block. I don't get fatter there, but my wallet gets thinner............but what fun !

Tonight was the lighted Christmas parade. It was really good and lasted an hour. Businesses around town build floats that are all lit up...the bands march and it's just a lot of fun. Weather was perfect...........45 degrees, no wind. Of course candy is passed out to the kids. Lots of "sugar highs" at school tomorrow. Poor teachers. haha Although one of the floats carried 3 Principals dressed in Elvis costumes. :D Funny. The parade theme was Rock Around the Christmas Tree.

Oma,

Glad to hear you're doing better! I finished up a bargello quilt for a customer this morning and got another quilt loaded. I spent this afternoon cleaning our barn. We have a few pecans that we are harvesting, so that's competing for some of my quilting time. Been so busy that I haven't had time to learn how to post pics (or read in detail the instructions) on the new forum. Hopefully will do that soon though.

Thursday for me was spent with my daughter, that also quilts. We went to a quilt shop that is closing down and got some fabric at a discounted price. Lunch out at a nice cafe called 'The Magpie', bought a new iron because the one in the sewing room was making hideous evil electrical noises and has to go, another fabric shop stop with more fabric bought and then home and some piecing of the Swoon quilt that is under construction. Busy day, but very productive. :)

Oma,

Glad to hear you're doing better! I finished up a bargello quilt for a customer this morning and got another quilt loaded. I spent this afternoon cleaning our barn. We have a few pecans that we are harvesting, so that's competing for some of my quilting time. Been so busy that I haven't had time to learn how to post pics (or read in detail the instructions) on the new forum. Hopefully will do that soon though.

Debbie, it would be fun to see photos of your pecan trees and harvesting, if you get a chance. I haven't ever seen that. Thanks!

Oma: so glad to hear that your treatment is going so well. You have earned those "power naps". I think of all of the forum friends often who are going through physical/emotional/family trials.

Yesterday, Thursday, was a blurrrrr.... had a chiropractor appt at 7:10am then rushed back to meet a renter and get her going on one machine to finish a project she started the afternoon before, got another machine started (compuquilter) going on customer quilt, and then started up the third machine to play with my new Quilt Path. Worked on the Quilt Path after my employee got here. 12:15 appt with physical therapy and then back to the shop.

Two ambulance calls in the afternoon (I am a volunteer EMT and it was my afternoon/evening on call). Thankfully the renter was done before I had to leave on the ambulance runs. I was planning on using a little time in the late afternoon to review for an EMT refresher class final exam but the calls made me 45 minutes late for the exam. Passed it anyway :). Decided to go on home at 9pm rather than back to the studio.

Arrived here by 4:30am this morning to start up the machines again as I need to get a quilt off one of them for another renter this morning...I love to watch people work on their own projects and see the satisfaction on their faces when they complete their own. This renter has more longarming experience then I do so she will need no assistance from me.

When my employee gets here this morning I will be able to spend more time working with Quilt Path...It's gonna be a great day!!! :P Tomorrow will be even better when a group of ladies bring their sewing machines in for a day of Sit-n-Sew. They bring potluck and there is lots of yummy food and laughter while everyone gets something done (well usually). I get to visit with them while longarming...I LOVE IT!! There should be about 8 of us here this month.

Archived