kudos to Amy

Carathren

Kudos to Amy at APQS in Carroll, IA I spent most of the day there yesterday, having dropped off my LIberty for routine maintenence. She was awesome, showing me much of the inside of my machine, answering questions about the workings and parts. As much as I weeped over the cost while driving back to Des Moines, I felt that I had done a very good thing. These machines are such an investment and really are remarkable. I know how important it is to take good care of them to continue having the luxury of quilting like I do. I've always been thrilled with APQS, their products and service. The drive to Carroll was nice too! :-) I feel lucky that I live close enough to have been able to bring my machine in personally. A big 'thank you' to Amy.

Hi Marsha,

No, you don't need to get weepy. :) Just like a car needs an oil change once in a while and some tune up time, so will your machine at some point. A good rule of thumb is to set aside about $100 each year, each time your machine has a "birthday". As the birthday fund grows, it will MORE than cover any non-warranty work we must perform on the machine due to wear and tear. Naturally, since they are still machines it's possible to have something wear out a little sooner (and if the part is covered by warranty we will certainly take care of it), but by and large we typically don't see a machine back for service at the factory for at least 5-7 years after it's purchased. If the machine is only used by "weekend warrior" quilters then it could be even longer than that before the machine really needs a "spa treatment".

Hope that puts you at ease! :)

Dawn is correct. About $100/yr or so is about what I was looking at. I also made the choice to bring mine in when I did. I was not having any issues at the time but I can certainly say it is running better now. I just felt that after five yrs or so and the very few problems I've had during those years, that I would get mine in. I am truly amazed at how well built these machines are. I still believe APQS has the best in the longarm market, but that's just me! :-) Sorry if I 'concerned' anyone about the cost in my previous post. That was not my intention. I just wanted folks to know that my experience was great and I was very pleased with both the service and the education that Amy provided. Happy Quilting!

Archived