Misty Mountain Pond finished....

Another Judy Neimeyer, this one pieced by Angele Duncan. Photo's are not the best, trying my I-pad, I think my phone takes better pictures....

More on my blog, http://rosecityquilter.wordpress.com/

8234083124_a82c6d1b7a.jpg

Angele's Prairie Star by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

8234083656_f07a75e1ae.jpg

8234083942_b8fa1d4639.jpg

good grannies! How long did it take to piece that do you think? How long did it take to quilt it out? I don't think I will ever live that long!

Sylvia, I think a Misty Mountain Pond is around 75-100 hours of piecing entertainment! :D

I tried to time this one, though it is hard as I get interrupted a lot, but I think quilting it took in the neighbourhood of 25-30 hours.....

I love Judy N's quilts. This one is fantastic, love the quilting!!! :D

How do you ever know which designs to use for quilting? :huh:

Parm, I love Judy's quilts too! As for how I choose designs, I do a lot of drawing and doodling and I have a great memory for designs. When I am planning how I will quilt a quilt, I use a piece of plexiglass ( with colored tape around the edge so I don't drae off the edge onto the quilt ) and dry erase markers and just start drawing till I find something I like.....

Wow Ardelle! Once again, beautiful! I think Judy N. should recognize you for making and quilting so many of her patterns!

Vicki, LOL! I guess she does recognize us as we are a certified shop! And Roger is a certified instructor.... I get so many Judy Neimeyer quilts to quilt because we run so many classes and Roger teaches across western Canada. Even his far away workshops always seem to generate a few quilts for me to quilt! I love doing them, but it's hard to charge enough to make as good a profit as E2E.......

Sylvia, I think a Misty Mountain Pond is around 75-100 hours of piecing entertainment! :D

I tried to time this one, though it is hard as I get interrupted a lot, but I think quilting it took in the neighbourhood of 25-30 hours.....

I love how you put that...:piecing entertainment!" :D :D

Have you ever met Judy N.? Just wondering...her quilts are beautiful! I know what you mean about doing E2E's, they pay better but are not for every quilt, especially the Judy N. quilts.

Vicki, yes we have met her. To be a certified shop you need to take a 5 day workshop with her! It was awesome! We have actually had two, 5 day workshops with her and we had her up teaching for us last summer.......she is an amazing teacher, nothing flabbergasts her, she is very down to earth, fun, and extremely knowledgable....:D

Archived