The needle broke today and I heard a "clinking" noise. I found a nest of thread on the bottom of the quilt where it stopped. I was using Superior's Perfect Quilter on top and their Machine Quilting Thread in the bobbin.

The needle now hits the hook assembly every 2nd or 3rd rotation. After reading the manual it sounds like I might need to open the front cover of the machine. I hope I'm wrong because I've never ventured any further than the on/off switch. My Millennium has been problem free for a year and I was very comfortable with that relationship. What do I do now? :o

Well, with some guidance from the experts I guess I'm ready to become more intimate with my quilting buddy. So, with screwdriver in hand, I await your reponse. :D

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

It is unusual for a machine to get out of time unless something hits the hook assy. Did you replace the needle with one of the same size and type? If you did not make any changes you may have knocked the machine out of time. The manual goes through timing, however if you have never timed a machine it may appear a bit daunting. If you would like to call me I would be happy to walk you through the process. Our Number at our Studio here in Lee?s Summit, Mo is 816-350-2002. I would be happy to help you. If you don?t want to do that Connie, or Mark can walk you through timing tomorrow.

It turned out that the hook retaining finger became dislodged from the notch in the top part of the bobbin basket. I have no idea how this happened because the screw was still extremely tight but once that was back in place I checked the hook point and needle scarf position. Both seemed fine so I tightened the screws and she purred like a kitten.

Thank you Connie for your help, thank you Nancy for the info. from the video and thank you John for your support. I know this wasn't a major problem but I feel much better now about tackling maintenance issues as they occur.

I love this company and I love this group. Thank you all.