How would you quilt these?

I have been saving these quilts for quite a while now (several years) any suggestions on how to quilt them??

I have plenty of time since I have never done this.

Not sure it is ok to ask since I don't have a Millie

Thanks

Marcella (Marcie)

This is a Christmas quilt with connected pie shapes to form blocks.

post-2515-0-60389500-1355576559_thumb.jpg

This is a design I call stained glass

post-2515-0-97454500-1355576583_thumb.jpg

This is a rooster applique

post-2515-0-15727400-1355576982_thumb.jpg

This is a bear quilt I made for a friend whom they call Bear Man and Bear Moma: This is one block not found the picture of full quilt

post-2515-0-49032600-1355577108_thumb.jpg

Nice quilts. The first two really strike my enjoyment. Would you be quilting these on a regular sewing machine? Or do you have access to a longarm? I see a swirly motive in the blocks of the first two and treat the borders on their own with feathers, ribbon candy, leaf/vine, or line of swirls. Do you have a stencil for the border that is the right size that you like. I have used them many times on my borders and blocks. I use George so the motions of quilting are like the dsm, just more space.

You don't have to have a Millie or any APQS machine to post here. There are lots of posters with lots of different machines.......longarms as well as regular sewing machines. So, post all you want and ask all the questions you want. This is a wonderful site and so helpful. I have learned so much from posting here and asking questions, seeing other quilter's work, etc. WELCOME !

Hey now that quilt is beautiful and I love the way it is quilted. Great suggestions and in 10 years hahaha when I learn to use the machine I will be able to do that if I am still living. LOL

Thank you for the kind words and not minding if I post here but it is the only forum I have ever been on and never owned a machine until now. I picked it up today we set it up and now to tired to play on it. I am thinking it will need new leaders and don't know about those zipper things.

The stained glass window quilt has been meandered I had forgotten I had it done just needs the binding and hang it. The guy gave me some panto's and thread and the mechanic will come next week to make sure everything is just right. He say I can play on it till he comes and teaches me. I got the machine from prodigy I posted photos in the post where I was looking for a machine. This thing is like a tank. I will take some new photos when I get the room fixed up.

Tickled pink for right now hoping all goes well with the machine.

Pray for the family's in Connecticut.

Marcella

Thank you Joan,

I am still getting it set up. I put me a sandwich on it and I know it is on wrong so back I go tomorrow to try again.

I think it is a good machine so far. The adjuster comes on Tuesday or Wednesday to make all the final adjustments. The laser light is not working so he will fix that.

Now to learn to use it.

Archived