Santa's Studio Helpers

LadyLake

Since it is that time of year for Santa and his helpers, I thought it would be fun for us all to share photos or stories of our Studio Helpers!

8285849853_dde6eb8626.jpg

SantasHelperNumber2 by LadyLakeQuilting, on Flickr

Here's what I found one morning when I went in my studio to start quilting. Babe is a foster dog, so we can forgive him for not knowing any better.

8285854891_88d7e9768c.jpg

SantasHelperNumber1 by LadyLakeQuilting, on Flickr

All my helpers are tired from the long hours! At least resident dog, Cutter, knows better than to actually lay ON the batting. He figured snout snuggling was allowed!

Joan those are too cute and the snout snuggling over the top! My cat does not go near my machine or quilts on it, thank goodness, but any quilt off the frame she has to give a test drive! Madison's quilt had fallen off the chair the other night and when I came home with Madison there was Sugar all snuggled in. Madison says, "You let Sugar use my quilt?" LOL I told Madison Sugar was missing her and just wanted to be near something that was hers. Madison says, "Yeah but she'll get hair all over it and then all over me." LOL she does not like messes! We shook it out and were all set. I've made the cat some quilts but she doesn't want to use those.

Your boys are too cute, Joan! Our golden, Abby, is my intake inspector. Every new quilt that comes in gets the "golden review" - head buried in the bag, nose twitching like mad. The ones that come from other pet-friendly homes usually get a series of follow-up inspections - I guess they smell irresistably good! :)

• 11 months later...

Such sweet helpers! My little dog does not like to be in the sewing room. I think all of the noise scares her. But my cats love it in there. One of them has to lay right in front of me, under the light. Another one walked under the throat of my sit down long arm, got the thread caught on him, and kept walking. What a mess that was!  My husband put a screen door on my sewing room and painted it white like the door trim, so can hear my household, and keep the cats out when needed. It works great!

When we got Tedi (female shih tzu) she was just so adorable! She was colored fawn and white, so I saw some fleece I liked and thought it suited her. I laid them wrong sides together and followed the teddy bears on the pink and teddy bear side of the sandwich. The other side was fawn and white plaid. I then tied up the sides and when I went ot give it to her she pawed at it like she really wanted it. She still sleeps with it and she is going on 13. Se is my cutie pie.

Just wanted to add that my cat is too scared to venture to the basement where I keep Millie (thank goodness). But I usually piece my quilts in the dining room so i can be near the family. Sophie the cat loves nothing better than to play with the thread on my DM while I am sewing, or lay On the fabric when I am trying to cut. She can be very arnery!

Archived