using edge rider wheels on Millenium

ayelyons

Hello Everyone,

I am a first time poster, but not a newbie on the Longarm. I have had a Millenium for a number of years, but a full-time teaching job has taken up most of my quilting time. I have recently been able to get back into quilting and have dusted off my longarm. In the past, I have had many issues with "bad" wheels: little "divots" which prevented me from creating smooth lines and accurate backtracks. I've replaced the wheels twice and still have the same issue. So, I have just received Edge Rider Wheels and am anxious to try them out. But before I put them on my machine, I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with these wheels and could give me their input.

Thanks in advance!

Irene

I had them for about 2 years before I went to the M&M wheels. I liked them and I think they work much better than the original ones that came on the machine but the real change is the M&M wheels. The edgeriders are very smooth but still need cleaning and you can feel when the carbon builds up on them, the M & M's are like moving your machine through butter and you can't tell by how they feel when they need cleaning. You will notice a big differance with either set of wheels.

Have you checked your rails for teeny tiny knicks? I have a Gammill, so my rails are different, but when I put edgeriders on I still had a couple of places that would cause my machine to jerk or jump a little. I got to looking really closely at my rails and found a couple of super tiny knicks in the rails! I sanded them out and then it was smooth as silk from then on.

Just a thought- hopefully the new wheels will solve it, but if not, try looking at the rails.

I have Bliss on my Millennium, but before that I had Edgeriders, and they are a BIG improvement over the old regular wheels. You do need to clean them, like you do any of the other wheels; when they need cleaning, they are hard to move smoothly. But they are much better than the original wheels.

Archived