ISO Panto Chicken Wire

Dixie, I looked at the site you posted the url for. There is a disclaimer on that site that those are copyrighted patterns that are not to be reproduced, and they are not for sale. But I have seen, and have owned, some of those same pantos. Are they her designs? I thought paws and bones was Dave Hudson. Just curious.

NO Dixie, I didn't mean for you to think you were in trouble. I just thought you knew the person who owned the website and could explain for me the disclaimer. Maybe she means you can't copy the designs from her website pictures. I'm just confused by her wording. I was wondering who made the chicken wire pattern also. It is kind of neat, but I'd never get straight lines using a panto. I have to have a ruler for straight lines.

Teresa .... I think you're right she means not to copy from her website. I did d/l and enlarge the chicken wire photo (just to read the copyright) and it looks like it says something like N.Sharp 2002 no idea who that is or maybe it's a photo of a ruler. I agree I could never follow a panto for straight lines. LOL

Thanks ladies. I checked the Quilt Studio site and they have a Dave Hudson panto called Honeycomb, which is what she was looking for. It does seem like it would be difficult to follow those straight lines. Thanks for all the help. Trisha

N. Sharp 2002 is Norma Woods Sharp. You guys know her work. If I said:

Cotton Candy

Chantilly Lace

Whimsey

Now you know her work. I love her pantos. They are so

simple yet so beautiful.

You can find her stuff at http://www.quiltscomplete.com and

http://www.baysidequilting.com

As far as chickenwire, I have only seen the ruler, no panto.

Sorry.

• 1 month later...

If you have a compuquilter...Kim Diamond has one on her Sweet Dreams Studio.

Before I had a compuquilter...I made my own panto for chicken wire...it is not a twelve foot panto...because I created it for a smaller quilt.

My email is...stagecl@yahoo.com or give me a call....804-556-6662

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

I made my own chickenwire panto from real chicken wire.

I took a photocopy of the wire and then I digitized (fancy name for drawing on the computer) the design and resized it to fit my needs.

I made it for a chicken applique wallhanging that goes to shows and hangs at our LQS. It always gets numberous compliments. Not only on the fantasic applique job but how the chickenwire was the "perfect" way to quilt it! Simple but very effective. I'll try to attach a close up picture of it :)

post--1346189796874_thumb.jpeg

lrussel2 - Question.... you said you digitized this pattern? So you must have

the compuquilter?

I love how you quilted this - perfect for the quilt and very nice!! Thanks for

sharing the photo with us..... I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Welcome to the forum "lrussel2" and "pewa"! Hope you get to feel comfy

here enjoy your visits!!:)

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments.

Judi - Yes, I do have CQ and do some designing and digitizing when I have time. I used to design and digitize embroidery designs but that is way too time consuming so now I just purchase my embroidery designs on CD.

Embroidery would take me days to get a nice design by the time I finished with testing it... then I would only use it once! Ugh!

CQ takes me a few hours from start to finish and then I use the designs over and over again. :) Almost instant gratification!

I wish I could see the CQ in action. The last quilt show I went to up in

Dulth - the APQS did NOT have anything set-up. So I went over and looked

at the StatlerStitcher on the other brand.... just not the same.....

I have a Brother embrodiery system and do make my own designs now and

then. I know what you mean about time consuming! You can sit there and

make changes forever! Right now I am working on Cherry leaves and stems

which will be embroidered - and then 3 yo-yos will be put on for the

cherries. I need a bunch of these for a wall hanging. So - not as bad when

you can use the design again and again.....

I think I would be able to handle the CQ and have a bunch of fun with it!

Would love to be able to make my own designs! Oh - Someday...... I would

love to just play!!

P.S. You know you could SELL your designs - that Chicken wire

is just perfect!!

Tymless, Thanks for the link. I am just starting and would like to ask how would you use a stencil like this? I have made a few panto. patterns by using a shortened copy of the pattern, would this be done the same way?

Lrussel, the wall hanging is cute as can be. When I saw that I figured it was stitiched with CD as those small in between stitches would be so hard to do freehand. It looks great!

Judi, Thanks for the welcome. I don't post much but read and learn everyday. You guys are so inspiring and knowledgeable.

pewa

Tymless,

That chickenwire looks like a paint stencil but it sure looks like it would work. Our brain fills in what is missing anyway, I bet you could stitch chickenwire up very well with this tool.

I noticed that stensource.com has some great continuous block patterns, too.

I just love the way we all share our resource info, lessons learned and new techniques here. It's like a cyber classroom. :cool:

Archived