I made a quilt for my husband every Christmas. Sometimes (well, usually) he get's it a day late!

This year I decided to master templates on the machine (I did them on my old machine, but hadn't gotten the hang of them on the millie yet) & use those circle templates I bought at MQS last year.

So on Christmas Eve at 5pm, I loaded his quilt, said a few choice words, opened up my books & finished Christmas evening. Once I figured out to to start at 7 o clock & go clockwise around the template & to use rubber cement to hold the templates- it worked like a dream.

I'm very happy with how this came out!! I'm in love with templates again!

post-7966-0-44363400-1357157977_thumb.jpg

post-7966-0-18079300-1357157979_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice thing you do for your DH each Christmas! How many years have you been doing this?

Just 2- but he was so excited by it last year that it's become a tradition already! & it fits well into our goal of giving only consumables or handmade items. I try to push myself into something I haven't done before as well.

Very nice quilt! Sometimes it's difficult to make a "masculine" quilt but any guy (or even a gal!) would love this one.

I have an IH tractor panel I intend to use in a quilt for my DH some day. It's buried somewhere among all the other good intentions I have. :D

What a great gift. Your husband is one lucky guy. Which circles did you use? They look great on this quilt.

I use Linda Mae Diny's (sp?) of the Calico Kitten circle rulers. Not as many markings as the Handiquilter templates- but she has the size & main cross hairs. I'm very pleased with them.

Look at all those circles! I'd hate to bury all those starts and stops! What a wonderful tradition you've started and sounds like your DH was very appreciative of your perfect quilt(s) for him.

Thanks- I usually bury threads, but considering there would be so many on this quilt, I opted for tiny stitches at the starts & stops.

Archived