I made a quilt for my husband every Christmas. Sometimes (well, usually) he get's it a day late!

This year I decided to master templates on the machine (I did them on my old machine, but hadn't gotten the hang of them on the millie yet) & use those circle templates I bought at MQS last year.

So on Christmas Eve at 5pm, I loaded his quilt, said a few choice words, opened up my books & finished Christmas evening. Once I figured out to to start at 7 o clock & go clockwise around the template & to use rubber cement to hold the templates- it worked like a dream.

I'm very happy with how this came out!! I'm in love with templates again!

post-7966-0-44363400-1357157977_thumb.jpg

post-7966-0-18079300-1357157979_thumb.jpg

Robin W.

www.ormondbeachquilts.com

That's a very nice thing you do for your DH each Christmas! How many years have you been doing this?

Just 2- but he was so excited by it last year that it's become a tradition already! & it fits well into our goal of giving only consumables or handmade items. I try to push myself into something I haven't done before as well.

Robin W.

He is a lucky husband, mine has one quilt and he only sleeps under that in winter, so no use giving him a second quilt.

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Very nice quilt! Sometimes it's difficult to make a "masculine" quilt but any guy (or even a gal!) would love this one.

I have an IH tractor panel I intend to use in a quilt for my DH some day. It's buried somewhere among all the other good intentions I have. :D

Pat C

What a great gift. Your husband is one lucky guy. Which circles did you use? They look great on this quilt.

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

What a great gift. Your husband is one lucky guy. Which circles did you use? They look great on this quilt.

I use Linda Mae Diny's (sp?) of the Calico Kitten circle rulers. Not as many markings as the Handiquilter templates- but she has the size & main cross hairs. I'm very pleased with them.

Robin W.

Look at all those circles! I'd hate to bury all those starts and stops! What a wonderful tradition you've started and sounds like your DH was very appreciative of your perfect quilt(s) for him.

Cindy Thompson

(My perfect quilting combo...Milli and Quiltazoid)

Chrome Top Quilts

Look at all those circles! I'd hate to bury all those starts and stops! What a wonderful tradition you've started and sounds like your DH was very appreciative of your perfect quilt(s) for him.

Thanks- I usually bury threads, but considering there would be so many on this quilt, I opted for tiny stitches at the starts & stops.

Robin W.