I finished buying the month to month (ripples and reflections) and they give you a certain fabric for that month but I'm getting confused with the fabric numbers 1-15 and the fabric that's in the first months bag.NOTE: This is my first quilt and my comprehention level is low due to having seizures. If anyone could help me I would so apprecaite it. This has been my long life dream to learn how to make quilts. Also do I take all the fabric out of all the bags and do it that way?

Hi Sandra, if its the pattern from Laurie Shifrin Designs, you could also look at her website. There may be construction tips on there to help out or perhaps email her directly. Many designers are very happy to steer quilt makers in the right direction when constructing one of their quilts.

Hope this helps. :)

I looked up ripples and reflections and found a beautiful quilt! It is by Laurie Shifrin Designs, and has 15 supplied batik fabrics so I am guessing this is the one you are making.

A good thing to do with a block-of-the-month quilt, when you receive a bunch of fabrics, is to cut a small swatch of each fabric and glue to a paper and label each with the correct number. It will help you as you take the fabrics out of the bags to cut as instructed in each month's directions. I would definitely store them in between using in their respective labelled bags.

I am sure you can find help from wherever you purchased the BOM from, and also from the pattern-maker's website, as was already suggested.

Good luck, have fun!

I'm wishing you massive work of beauty.

You can email me if you like, I'd be happy

to help if you aren't able, or don't want

to go through the web sites..

The local quilt shop should be willing to

help you too!

Welcome to the wacky, nutty, silly, prayerful,

nice people on this board.

So glad to have you joining the insane,

addictive world of quilting..

Just don't give up..